1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

It has literally been years since I have posted here. A lot of things have happened that have kept me occupied, leaving no time for this wing of my shooting hobby.

Anyway, I am looking for some help with a Midwest Metal Creations Maxim build. I had bought the sideplate, conversion parts, and had Dennis do the lock. However, I never got around to building it. Last week I decided to have at it, only to discover I can't find the instructions! I even forget what format they were, disk, download, hard copy! I have e-mailed Dennis at the last address I could find for him, but no reply as of yet.

So, can anyone either provide me with some good contact info for Dennis, or a copy of the instructions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
785 Posts
When Dennis built mine a couple of years ago he shipped the completed weapon with a DVD that was, as I recall, about 95% how to build and 5% how to fire and maintain. I know where my weapon is, but not the DVD. I'll start looking for it but it may take a while. Does anyone else have on "at-hand?"

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hello everyone!

It has literally been years since I have posted here. A lot of things have happened that have kept me occupied, leaving no time for this wing of my shooting hobby.

Anyway, I am looking for some help with a Midwest Metal Creations Maxim build. I had bought the sideplate, conversion parts, and had Dennis do the lock. However, I never got around to building it. Last week I decided to have at it, only to discover I can't find the instructions! I even forget what format they were, disk, download, hard copy! I have e-mailed Dennis at the last address I could find for him, but no reply as of yet.

So, can anyone either provide me with some good contact info for Dennis, or a copy of the instructions?

Thanks!
Try this email address for Dennis - midwestmetalAThotmailDOTcom

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the quick replies.

panaceabeachbum

Good to see a familiar user name! I didn't know how active Dennis still was on this forum, and was unsure if PM was the best way to reach him. I will try, thanks!

It's good to see I am not the only one who has sat on this kind of project for years!;)

job14-1

Are you stuck in this Liberal Worker's paradise that is CT too? That is a kind offer, I will take you up on it. I will PM you.

BobNPrc

Like I said, it has been so many years since I messed with this project, I forgot what the media the instructions were! When I couldn't find anything, I was afraid it was a download, that was lost on one of the several old computers I have!

DRH

Thanks for the address. That is the one I tried, but have not received an answer. It's only been a couple of days, so maybe Dennis just has a life, and hasn't checked his e-mail!

I will start looking for a DVD, and wait for Dennis to reply. If I can't get hold of Dennis, if anyone else has a copy I can get from them, it would be deeply appreciated.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
msg1956--

You may want to give Dennis until after next week. He may be busy getting ready for Knob Creek. I know he has copyrighted his design for the semi-auto Maxim. He may have to do some research and get back to you. There has been a design update to the safety on the Maxim since he had initially done his design. You may want to ask him about it. Great gun!!

--fjruple

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
msg1956--

You may want to give Dennis until after next week. He may be busy getting ready for Knob Creek. I know he has copyrighted his design for the semi-auto Maxim. He may have to do some research and get back to you. There has been a design update to the safety on the Maxim since he had initially done his design. You may want to ask him about it. Great gun!!

--fjruple
Thanks for the update. Forgot about the Creek! Got there in 2005, quite an event!

Dennis got back to me. E-mail went to spam, but PM got through, so I should be GTG!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Well good to see a voice from the past back again! Hope you can get the Maxim together with no more trouble, and share the results with us. Stick around too, if you can make the time. Some of us other long time members like to see other old friends again!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well good to see a voice from the past back again! Hope you can get the Maxim together with no more trouble, and share the results with us. Stick around too, if you can make the time. Some of us other long time members like to see other old friends again!
Rollin, is that you?:D Good to hear from you.

Times have changed. CT has a brand spanking new AWB that pretty much cuts out all the "fun" stuff (and who knows what will happen after the tragedy in OR). Kits are priced through the roof, ammo is insane, and all those mountains of surplus accessories have been used up or in private collections. It ain't 2005 any more!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Maxim

I probably have the files you're looking for but not sure if they are latest/greatest. IIRC I copied from the CD/DVD I received w/ my build or the semi plate I bought before deciding to have MMC build my kit. I'm sure Dennis will get back to you but PM me if needed and I can get you what I have.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I probably have the files you're looking for but not sure if they are latest/greatest. IIRC I copied from the CD/DVD I received w/ my build or the semi plate I bought before deciding to have MMC build my kit. I'm sure Dennis will get back to you but PM me if needed and I can get you what I have.
Thanks for the kind offer. Dennis has said he will send me something when he gets the chance. If it doesn't pan out, I will PM you!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kindness, and generosity of the members of the gun community never cease to amaze me! Not only did Dennis take the time to send a soft copy of the missing disk, but another member here actually printed a color copy of it, and sent it to me in a bound book!

Thanks to all for your support. Now to finish this damned Maxim!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does anyone know how I can get ahold of msg1956? He sent me a PM a while back that I just found... (I am not too computer savvy...) I did reply, but shows he was last on in November.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just so no one thinks I got hit by a bus, I replied to job14-1's PM. Been busy, and just haven't checked the forum for a while!:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts