1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there haven't been any new videos in a while, so I figured I'd post a couple from our trip to Hernando (Florida) a couple of weeks ago. Not the best vids, but it's a change of scenery. :rofl:

Here's one of me and my "semi". Post bolt for the day.

I'd like to thank Don and Chris (jdc) once again for being such good company and using my semi as a "crash test dummy" :rofl:

Matt

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another short one with Jeff shooting my "semi", finally got some of the bugs worked out for this one. lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't think that last one was the "semi" you were wanting to post. LOL

I see justdon has a new barrel on his gun. The one he took off of it here was a smoothbore. LOL

Frank in GA.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that last one was the "semi" you were wanting to post. LOL

I see justdon has a new barrel on his gun. The one he took off of it here was a smoothbore. LOL

Frank in GA.
True and true........his gun was actually able to hit the cars this time :icon23:.............and as far as that last vid, Jeff was so fast on that trigger that you can't even tell it's moving. :rofl:

Matt

·
Registered
114 Posts
Frank, Frank,

You again mock my inventions...

Machine guns are intended to provide "suppressive fire", that is to make the enemy put his head down. Traditional machine guns have been somewhat effective in achieving this, but only within a fairly limited field of regard. The process has been hampered by concepts of accuracy and predictability, ingrained in shooters, but of little relevance to making people duck.

After years of development and tens of thousands of test rounds, we finally came up with a system that can instill fear in folks over a much greater areas which we technically refer to as a "hemisphere". By eliminating the limiting accuracy and predictability, targets across the horizon are put at risk. Their fear is enhanced by the use of 100% tracer - when they see the effect, they will mutter a bad word and eat dirt. Even low flying aircraft will take pause. We have dubbed this system "Wide Fire" (tm)

Cost is also reduced by eliminating the troublesome need to replace barrels.

After the successful demonstration to military officials, which you witnessed, a second prototype is in production, but it is a slow, exacting process.

Hope your shoulder is coming along.

Don

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well said Don, Well said! and if the initial variant is any indication of what we can expect from the upgraded second prototype even the people behind you will be ducking for cover. LOL

Shoulder is progressing nicely thanks.

Frank in GA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts