1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have this posted in the right spot...

I obtained a WW2 M1 ammo can (crown) for my 1919a4, and it's tan....... I've never seen this. so I have a off the wall question google can't seem to answer. I have several of these cans I am working on restoring.

Beings this one is tan in color: is this a bubba painted can or is this possibly from north Africa that should not be re-finished?

I know it's a stretch, but I thought I better ask before I possible destroy a piece of history.

I can't seem to figure how to post pics, so I can e-mail them to who ever is willing to try to answer my question.

thanks,

K

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Apologies for missing this post.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...could be...?

As with any military item used in combat,it is usually re-worked,painted or changed to make the job easier and more efficient. Painting an OD can tan for desert use would be right for that use. It's called...'battle-field expediency'...or whatever works best.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I swear we just had a thread like this. I posted pics for the OP! They are gone now because I deleted a zillion pics from Photobucket. It was at least three pages long and it was determined it was indeed a tan bubba can. J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts