1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the holiday season fast upon us I guess it's a great time to get in the mood.

What are the unique things you look forward to during the holidays?

My wife had me pick up 3 gallons of Goldrush cider today. It is only available for Thanksgiving and Christmas at a local Farm market. I'm sure I'll have to pick up more for Christmas.
Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Fluid Juice

·
Registered
301 Posts
Christmas puzzles. Each gift we recieve and give has a word puzzle, geography, history, or math question attached to it that correlated to where its hidden on the property, once you solve that you can go find your gift. Never heard of anyone else doing it but its the most memorable thing we do even into adulthood. And its no mercy too, took my brother 2 days solve to the one last year haha

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I’d have to say my favorite part of the holidays is when we all gather for a late morning breakfast a few times at the folks house. My dad always gets a salt cured country ham to fry up in the skillet. My mother makes red eye gravy to go on biscuits and grits. I look forward to it every year, especially when it’s freezing outside and the fireplace is roaring.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saturday we went to Hermitage/ Sharon PA. I grew up there and have fond memories of Daffins candy with chocolate kingdom, and Kraynaks Christmas lane.

If you are old enough to remember when Kraynaks had frosty "preretirement". As a kid you couldn't wait to go see all the displays with a pocket full of change. Why? Because it was like a game. You would walk along and try to flip coins onto different items. Many were and still are animated. There would be coins everywhere. They don't like you doing that anymore.

Here are a few pictures not even close to half. They don't do it justice. Something to see if you are in the area.
Decoration Toy Temple Lighting Architecture
Plant Green Leaf Organism Toy
Toy Green Vertebrate Christmas ornament Textile
World Decoration Christmas ornament Interior design Architecture
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Decoration Interior design Holiday ornament
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Decoration Purple Interior design
Christmas tree Property Christmas ornament Decoration Light
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Photograph White World
Christmas tree Photograph Christmas ornament White Green

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have great memories of Hermitage, PA, too, as a Pennsylvania boy. In particular, there use to be a gun store there called Class 3 Supply. The memories of them letting me finger fk a ST Ultimax Mk. 3 and Israeli Negev while in there purchasing HK 90x parts is something I won't forget.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Perhaps a bit of a different outlook........

Donna and I will have turkey, dressing (w/oysters), sweet 'taters, giblet gravy, smashed taters, mac-n-cheese, green beans, cranberry sauce, open face apple pie and pumpkin pie for breakfast and lunch and supper......until it is all gone. Probably four days.

Heres a song about a gun.....will pick you up after listening to Alice's R.

PJH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts