1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on how long a cloth belt with hold out in a Full Auto gun? I know situations will vary, but maybe folks can report their experiences. Just looking for guesstimates of cycles through the belt loader and gun or round counts.

Would a Semi Auto be any easier on them?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Morning Wood said:
Any opinions on how long a cloth belt with hold out in a Full Auto gun? I know situations will vary, but maybe folks can report their experiences. Just looking for guesstimates of cycles through the belt loader and gun or round counts.

Would a Semi Auto be any easier on them?
That is such a relative question. When loaded with care and kept clean a GI belt could be used many times over. I have never " worn " one out. On the other hand I have never used a particular belt over and over. I guess you could say you that you can't have enough belts. How about that for a vague responce.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What has ruin fabric belts for me is the mis-timing when loading. I have put rounds through the side of a cartridge pocket which ruins both pockets. Usually it means cutting the belt into two smaller belts. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
If any of you have ruined belts, I will buy them(I have a po box in the USA too). I want a few smaler, about 30-50rd belts, and would hate to cut up a perfectly usable belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts