1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the temp rising up to 75 deg.,had to clean out the shop and the barn so I could work on other stuff. Finally decided to take a group pic of all the 1917 carts that are being slowly restored to as-issued condition. Several are awaiting parts...gun boxes,ammo carriers,prop feet, leather straps and wood wheels. Had to position these carefully to get them all into a pic. See if you can count them all. Will send the correct count winner their choice of the best shots of any of the carts. Took over 2-hr. to get them all positioned...and then stored them in order of completion for further work.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I think I can count eight.
What a stable full. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I will not respond cuz unless you added any this last month, it would be cheating:D

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have a winner...!

Slugcatcher got it right away...!!! Even I had trouble counting them...so I put the pic of the other end of the line in there. Anyway...will wait for Slugcatcher to advise which cart he would prefer pic's of. Hope you'se guys enjoy looking at these WW1 relics as much as I like to show them. Will be showing some at a local reenactment on 16 May at the Elkhart,IN airport. Ya'll are invited...

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ammo cart out of the crate...

Here are the pic's I have of the #8 cart in my lineup. This is an ammo cart that I painted the frame and left the ammo carrier original. The carts had been up-graded to a stamped metal ammo carrier later after WW1 and this ammo cart had a serial #300000+ with metal ends. Notice that the carrier is still marked "VICKERS". After about 1923(?) both the Army and Marines used the 1917 Browning and all the Vickers,Bene' Mecier and Lewis guns were removed from the inventory. Except for the tool boxes,every part of this cart came from the original crate. As shown by Craig Johnson when he un-crated the gun cart,the gun box and tool boxes were made on site and were not shipped or packed in the crates. Apparently,these wood boxes were made at the base carpenter shop from the prints shown by Gatekeeper (Jodie). Enjoy...!!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts