1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be aware:
I didnt write this to start a flame war. I just get so sick of seeing people ready to give up their rights, unreasonable search and seizure( not just the airports or court houses), freedom of speech (& so forth), yea thats what I said, there are somethings you cant say in an airport, a school, or even in public because you might be labled as a terrorist, its getting rediculous. Our constitution awards us, the law abiding citizens those rights.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrorism alert is now Cond. RED

Once again people are becoming more paranoid that bombs will get on airplanes, over recent events in the UK.

I have a few things to comment on, if that was to happen in the US we would first have to have probable cause to search a residence and we would have to read thru a log book of procedures before making any decision to ground all airtraffic, then the attorneys would come in and say thats not legal you cant hold all of these people yadda yadda.

You cant take some of the following on an airplane now: A bottle of water, soda, shaving cream, Cig lighter, tooth paste, makeup, prescriptions if your name isnt on them. and if they haven't already said chics cant take a box of tampax onboard, a bag of diapers, or baby formula in a bottle or a prescription for a baby-babies dont have ID cards.

When my mother went back to Pa., 2 months ago a lady infront of her had 2 small kids, an infant and a toddler, the security gaurd checked the whole diaper bag, and stumbled across a diaper all rolled up, gaurd procedes to open it, the lady said you dont wanna open that, gaurd says why am I gonna find a bomb, lady says no.......gaurd procedes with it, my mother who was watching &listening to this and watching the ladies little kid so it wouldnt run around the airport, he opens it and my mother says theres your bomb :D guy has stupid look on his face, wish I had a camera for his reaction, all the while the infant had dropped a stinker and needed refreshening so they changed the baby on the table at the check point, got lots of dirty looks from security but thats it. OTBW the lady left soiled pants on the table.

Okay let me jump in and say this: I am surprised that it has taken this long to say no to shaving cream cans and toothpaste, false bottoms have been around for a very long time. A bottle of water, c'mon who are you kidding :rolleyes: You morons at the airport better start treating people like humans instead of numbers, these people are soooo cold hearted, for them its just job.

I highly doubt that the dumbasses at the security check point would know what they are looking at when they see a can of shaving cream, duhh I know this because on my last trip the idiots at BUFF NY airport didnt look at my video camera at all its about 3lbs gee you dont think a highjacker wouldnt think to hide something there first :confused: . I was amazed SkyHarbor looked it over carefully even opening it to look inside.

This country is full of *ussies, affraid of everything thats bad, or could potentially be bad, even affraid of gun owners. ever seen a crowd of people panic over a backfire from a truck? I have, people act as if it was a terrorist attack.

My thoughts are like this, you panic over something getting on an airplane-when first, 9/11 happened no bombs were onboard..... Next you really dont think that you could drop dead stepping off your door step dieing of a heart attack, filling up you tank at 7-11 and having it explode because your on a cell phone pumping gas, or a car accident. So when you say its all about safety on an airplane, bs, your affraid and you probably wont stand up to a hi-jacker even though your fate my be meeting the grim reaper. I for one would stand up and fight back with whatever I could get my hands on, be it an armrest or tray top. Lessons learned from an american tragedy are people w/ box cutters taking over aircraft, are stupid, knock-em out or beat them senseless they wont get their 72 virgins and a bowl of fruit when they dont complete the objective.

I used to love to fly, the G-Force that set you back in your seat and I used to look at gun magazines while sitting there, now its about "jimmy dont that say that, jimmy you can't read that, you could go to jail" :rolleyes:

People.........its only going to get worse.....you are already being treated like a criminal the second you step in the airport, rite on into the plane.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
+10, i agree 100%.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
outa start profiling

Bubba an't a member of alkida !

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'd rather have them do this than have another 9/11 happen anyday. If you don't like the rules then don't fly. And many other things than water are wet and clear.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Personally, I find it hard to understand why the "threat" level has been raised. Frankly, it does not make sense in any kind of even fuzzy logic.

I mean, well since these bad guys were being watched by the British goverment for some time and they only decided to move in when it looked like the bad guys might make a move, wouldn't it been better to have the "threat" level HIGHER when the bad guys were on the loose?

Now that the bad guys have been arrested, shouldn't the "threat" be reduced, and therefore the "threat" level be reduced ??

Of course, it doesn't play as well this way on some of the more scared people out there ~

Just my opinion - David!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ground fire will take out a plane any day..E****ally on take off,full of fuel..It is too bad that the world has gone nuts..Or maybe the world will not lock up nuts...

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Hey, I'M nuts and the world hasn't locked ME up! :D

I agree, actually. While I don't have a big problem with the banning of liquids, I am rather fed up with the lack of profiling and the random searching of old women and children. It will always be possible to find a way to get something on a plane. Much easier to find the terrorist than the bomb or weapon. Ask the folks at El Al.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Dutch, you slipped in there on me! If I'd known you were in need, I coulda told you what to think. We don't need VR to do that! :p

So I guess you don't miss him much either, eh?

-Rollin

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Gee Rollin, you might be starting something here with Dutch:D I think this is all insane myself, the threat level and all, we raise it because we are watching these dopes and the dopes we are not watching will be the ones that hit us when our threat level is at zero. My 84 year old aunt suffered through a random "frisk". I assume a lot of elderly retired school teachers are working for Bin Loudin these days? I don't fly commercial, I would pop one of those idiots in uniform and be arrested. I am willing to bet they couldn't get a job with any police dept as a meter maid so here they are in the airport. Nope, private aircraft for me, grass strips and friendly faces! Hotch

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Airline security

We need to start a new airline and it should be called Nude Air.

At boarding everyone takes off there clothes and gets right on the plane. No searches or long waiting lines. Everyone feels very secure as nothing can be hidden.

When you arrive at your destination your clothes and personal posessions are returned. :D

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Hey

Hey even on nude air they would make you turn around squat and cough...

Guys these terrorist will find anyway they can to do what they have to do all the checks and searches in the world won't stop them they will find a way its just when and how... It's like a hunter studying its prey. These guys have no fear of being caught because they will come under no harm and the fact is they have unlimited resources... Until society can no longer tolerate the actions of these people and the other scumbag people like the ACLU protect then be prepared to have tragic circumstances occur... When Big Brother can't do the job guess it will be our turn again...

Just keep the Jumbo jets away from Uncle Teddy and the rest of the Clan from Mass. and America will be a hell of a lot safer...=)

·
Premium Member
2,607 Posts
If you knew TSA - as I know TSA...

Ok, I confess. The heavy equipment I operate is made by Boeing.

A few weeks after 9-11 I was departing IAD (Dullas). Stupid me forgot to take off my uniform jacket and the metal detector went off. The other pilot made the same mistake. They sent us both to be frisked by a non fluent in english, recent emigrant from a Muslem country. How did we know? The head scarf gave it away. Back in the day I hunted submarines, my bud had flown F-16s. Uncle Sam trusted both of us with nukes and final TS clearances. We both stood there shaking our heads and laughing at the stupidity of it all. The good news is, the idiot contract screeners are gone. The bad news: they've been replaced by idiot government workers with attitude. At a check point one day, in uniform, one actually asked me to take a sip from my flask, to prove it wasn't explosives. I had to explain some recent rule changes to him, the ones implemented after a screener made a woman drink her own breast milk. The current rules are really going to cut into my duty free shopping.

Yes it's a mess. How do they get away with it? Implied consent. When you buy a ticket, you agree to the search.

Lucky#13 is exactly right - we need to look for terrorists, not weapons. But we can't. Profiling and discrimination are bad words in this country. It's a legacy of the civil rights movement. I have another good one about a Saudi jazz band and a flaming male flight attendant, but I know these boards are watched (the AW-SIM won't be legal long). Yes, the Israelis laugh at us. Note to terrorist: don't dress as an elderly nun or priest, they're always selected for secondary screening.

Please don't take it out on your gate agents or flight crews, we have nothing to do with the current knee-jerk stupidity. We get to suffer through it too.

MSG

·
Registered
886 Posts
Even on nude air you can stick a condom up the "you know where",,Chad,Its Cond Orange(red out of U.K.),,but whatever. It sucks that after they foil a plot we have to be treated like a fuc-ing sub human, most airlines dont give drinks or food,to cut their costs. So now you cant take ANYTHING to drink,how messed up is that,,HEY here is an idea,,have a stupid burger flipin TSA person at the gate handing out(or selling a dollar drink) a bottle of FEMA water. The US Goberment prob has a few in stock for "emergencies",and hell we already paid our tax's for that $100.00 bottle of water!! Im getting ready for a flight to Russia in 2 weeks,,,NOT LOOKING FORWARD for that fun! If I could get $$$ back I would change my mind but I've already put out way too much. We could have bought a semi 1919 and alot of ammo just for the 2 tickets.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm really shocked they haven't blown up any planes yet. Looks like they finally may get serious about banning laptops and phones. If the islamo-assholes had any sense they would have used them to carry bombs long ago. The plane that was blown up over Scottland had a bomb in a walkman.

I have heard a lot of talk about August 22nd being the day the assholes planned to attack. I wonder if this deal in the UK had anything to do with that?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The whole thing is Political Correctness gone insane. They should PROFILE mid east males and put them under such high scrutiny, only those with terrorist motivations would actually try to come here. It would cut down on those needing to be checked.

I see no safety in checking 80 year old grandmas in wheelchairs. This is typical of anything impletemented by the Federal Government. Huge, wasteful, costly and one day may prove to be ineffective.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well I'm down in L.A. for my grandma's funeral, but I flew for once and will be leaving tomorrow from L.A.X. We'll see how that goes because I refuse to give up my gel and tooth paste. The only crime that I'll commit with those is looking too damn sexy. Details of my flight on Sunday night......

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Unfortunetely you

Unfortunately you cannot just profile middle eastern males as one of the largest muslim populations is actually Asian look at Sumatra, Malaysia and what about African muslims? How can anyones race be profiled this is not a skin color issue; religions do not know skin color.... If they don't do planes they'll do something else... Maybe they should serve pig rhines and pork soda on board instead of peanuts and soda that might fix em...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Every single that was legal to bring on board last week, is still legal this week. It just has to be checked into the cargo hold, not carry on.

Mark:)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Kali Komrade said:
Unfortunately you cannot just profile middle eastern males as one of the largest muslim populations is actually Asian look at Sumatra, Malaysia and what about African muslims? How can anyones race be profiled this is not a skin color issue; religions do not know skin color.... If they don't do planes they'll do something else... Maybe they should serve pig rhines and pork soda on board instead of peanuts and soda that might fix em...
There are a lot of different races of Muslims.

However, the islamo-assholes tend to be Arabs. Not all, but most.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts