1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: What is the best way to install the M2 front sight on the M3 trunion? I was thinking about machineing it, but I don't know if there is a difference in height or what depth to go. Any suggestions of what others have done or ideas would be great.
Greg

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good but I think you are going to find that the front sight is much too high.

Mike--Mustangman7
That's kinda what I was thinking. Intel I can come up with a dimension from top of grunion to pin holes I will leave it alone ,I can always take some material off it's hard to ad it!
If anyone can give me a measurement from the top of the trunion to the pin holes that hold the sight on that would be great.
Thanks Greg

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The dimension I would go by would be the two pin holes that hold the cover on for the sight. See in the BMG picture that the holes are just very slightly above the top of the trunnion and the spacer is milled to fit down in the trunnion? That would be the easiest way to get very close without and actual measurement.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dimension I would go by would be the two pin holes that hold the cover on for the sight. See in the BMG picture that the holes are just very slightly above the top of the trunnion and the spacer is milled to fit down in the trunnion? That would be the easiest way to get very close without and actual measurement.

Mike--Mustangman7
That's the holes I was referring too. If I could come up with that measurement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts