1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a backplate with an Emory crankfire installed on it.
I don't know how to switch it for the one that is already on my AA 1919A4.
I assume this is relatively easy to do but I am still pretty new to these things.
Can someone give me some instructions with a picture or two would be nice?
Treat me like a complete newb and no offense will be taken.
I just want to put this thing on it and crank it up.

Like I said, its already mounted on a backplate and I guess all I need to do is switch the two.
It seems like one should slide off and the other slide on but of course, it isn't that easy. Or is it?

TIA

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Provided your crankfire does not interfere with replacement( I dont own one) all you do is pull on the top cover latch and open the top cover up and open, Now push on the top cover latch in the opposite direction and at the same time lifting up the rear plate it should slide out.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
warty

pull your bolt to the rear first
insert a screw driver into the slot of the driving spring rod on the backplate and push in and turn until it locks the driving rod into the bolt

push the bolt forward with the cocking handle

pull the top cover latch backwards and open the top cover

push the top cover latch forwards and slide the backplate up and out

assembly is reverse

you have to secure the driving rod spring, and rod to the bolt first though

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try it in the morning light. It sounds easy enough for even me to do! :)

·
LEGENDARY BULLY!
6,488 Posts
Whooooooe Nellie!!!!!!!!! You'll put your eye out!
Check this first,, http://www.1919a4.com/manuals/fieldstrip1.php
This is the dangerous part,, Open top cover, pull back bolt, the best way to hold back bolt is to look for the bolt cam on the left side plate,, at the rearmost part is a small concave indentation,, the extractor plunger will drop into that indentation,, carefully,, pull back on the bolt and move the extractor by hand,, it will catch. Then use a screwdriver to rotate the driving rod till it catches in the bolt. Pull the bolt back and release the extractor from the cam and slide the bolt forward. ( there will not be any spring power on it now) push the top cover latch forward and the back plate will slide upward. This can be tricky as the buffer will try to catch on the latch,, it will come,, use a wooden or dead blow mallet to drive the latch forward a bit, there is a spring in the latch that will want to keep it centered. (There is a plunger type latch that was made for th A6 that makes this process easy, but they can be hard to come by sometimes.) The back plate will slide up and away,, swap the back plate as you want. At this point the bolt and internals can slide out the back for complete disassembly. Study the tutorials,,, you SHOULD be familiar with this gun,, **** can and will happen.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Don't forget to pull the pin out of the bushing and remove the bushing below the trigger before you go pulling up on the backplate with the crankfire.Depending on the fit, you may have to refit the new backplate to the receiver with a file.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts