1919 A4 Forums banner

How'd I do?

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  embalmer 
#1 ·
Picked this up for under 200 shipped.

Looks usgi to me.

Now got to look for a mount or tripod type pedestal to mount it to do can display my bar/1919 off the ground, and shoot standing. (Wife's gonna kill me, she knows combo to safe and knows how to use the thompson)

See less See more
#3 ·
embalmer SEZ: "... she knows combo to safe and knows how to use the thompson,"

The Business Manager cannot know the combination, as it's a "violation of Federal Law!"

And now the ATF knows!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

#5 ·
Gary that only holds true for class 3 stuff which he does not have just an FYI. Nice score Matt those forks are not that common anymore so it is a good addition to the collection now you just need the jeep to put under it and you will have your most expensive mount yet or you could just but the weasel I am sure she would not mind. We can just send the girls antiquing for the day you know she will find something and then just break the news when she gets back :D

#8 ·
You don't need no stinking socket!! Just hammer it down into one of the stake holes on the bed of the pick-up!! :D:D

I saw a post here in the last day or two. Someone here is selling those sockets right now, I think.:eek:
I just can't recall what it was about. maybe was a M2HB in there somewhere???????????:confused:

#10 ·
anyone know if there are replacement 1919 bent handle style .30 pins are availible anywhere? fork arived today great shape,. bar pin perfect, but someone shortened the 1919 one down to point i wouldnt live fire the 1919 off it as is. curious if can snag a full length one somewhere

#14 ·
Maybe some previous owner found himself personally lacking when confronted with the manly length of the original pin. Might have shortened it to assuage feelings of inadequacy... :eek:

Reactions: embalmer
#15 ·
Well after a lengthy talk with rick. He is suspicious that the fork is indeed a repro. Being a tial length of outside to outside of hole mount being 4", and not 3 abs 5/8". He had a proper pin to fix it to work. Still 150 for it I'm not gonna lose to much sleep. Will work till I get the milsurp repro down the line.

#16 ·
Matt the bright side of this is that you have the extra width on that fork to put some plastic washers in between the gun and mount on each side so you won't damage your Parkerizing. Mine is an original and being on the jeep it has worn the park off the pintle pads so it might be a good thing as long as the new pin will accommodate the length?

#20 ·
Yours looks just like the ones SARCO was telling a while back. Their's were repos. I picked one up at Sportsman's Guide years a ago and I believe they got it from SARCO. It has drawing number D38579 on one side and X571 on the other. SARCO sold them for about $275 I believe. Yes the pin should have been longer and somebody did shorten it. Mine was on a sales table at Sportmans Guide and I couldn't pass it up for $25.00. Unfortunately they haven't had any deals like that in ten years or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.