·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hy guys, i did point out some nice stuff on this upcoming auction
check out this,
openings price is 100 EURO, about 110 us dollar
it,s listed as a 4.2 inch mortar

with all the stuff that they have for sale, especially the very big parts auction, it,s wurth the trip

https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/nl/mortar/03-20820-23046-3230295/

one more thing, iff any one should have plans to come over for this auction, ( and i know some members are flying over in january}
iff you need to fill up your container, i,m happy to invite you at my place, got plenty of nice stuff laying around here
i,m about 30 miles from the auction location,

regards, john

"The mouse runs fast, but the owl sees at night"

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks like parts for M30 four deuce(107mm). The tube might be lying behind the baseplate. Now if he could come up with a M106 Mortar track!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hy colorado, iff you run to all the auctions you migth be surprised whats for sale
there are vehicles, trailers, a few field cannons , cannon barrels, and i even thougth i did see the so called hand carts also
i also noticed the trailer that holds the 4 m2hb,s quad mount.
the stuff al belonged to a museum that has been shut down.
especially the parts auction, witch is a seperat auction is very interesting..

vehicles, tanks etc : https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/nl/collectie-jaap-de-groot/01-20818/

parts auction : https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/nl/collectie-jaap-de-groot/01-20820/

dont get confused, the parts are been sold by whole warehouse racks.
they auctioneers did a good job trying to picture the whole lot as best as they could, but it,s always better to see and check it
out with your own eyes...

Looks like parts for M30 four deuce(107mm). The tube might be lying behind the baseplate. Now if he could come up with a M106 Mortar track!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big mortar

hy guy,s today they had a so called "open day" bidders are welcome then to take a look at all items that go up for auction
i could not resist to take a peek behind the big baseplate and... YES !!!
colorado was rigth, the complete tube, stil intact was behind the base plate.
check out some of the pic,s i made there...

see you all, !!! john.

Auto part Machine Pipe Roof Steel Steel casing pipe Vehicle Cannon Machine Auto part Vehicle Engine Vehicle Spoke Wagon Wheel Cart Wheel Vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system Spoke

·
Premium Member
6,936 Posts
John looks like you had a fun day hunting around that auction. I responded to your emails but they got bounced back to me? Let me know if they came through on your end. Russ

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hi John this is the first time I've been back to this topic since my first post. I thought that round piece looked like the tube. If there was any way to that M30 back in the country with out destroying the tube I'd trying really hard to get it. Of course I wouldn't be able to afford the ammunition to shoot it. Or the M106 to put it in. Thanks for keeping us posted about this.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
colorado, this what they wrote after the mortar auction description:

" weapon permit needed (next to st 10) (The delivery of this lot is only possible if the buyer is in possession of the proper documents. If this is not the case the lot will be delivered without the parts that require special permission.) "

for us it would mean, we can buy it all, but we need to leave the tube behind, we can not even cut it, the whole tube is the critical piece
regards, J.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hi John there is a round flat piece with the clamp for the tube. That goes in the hole in the base plate is that there with the base plate?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i dont think that is prsent, the description said it was incomplete, but i could not figgure out what should be missing
now i know...
when i took the pic, i checked iff there were loose parts, it was just the tube, bipod&groundclamb and the big round baseplate
man... that thing was heavy !!
i just needed to check if it could be mailed over, ha,ha,ha LOL> !!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
On the last post it looks like I was typing while you were posting then I moved on to something else.
Wikipedia says it weights 307.5kgs so yeah heavy. It makes sense they would restrict the barrel. Without that you can't over throw the government. LOL.. Over here you have to cut a 4.2"/107mm hole in the barrel. And weld some steel rods across the barrel. Can you get some pipe and make a nonfiring dummy?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
auction ended

colorado, iff you knew how our laws are like, you would be lauching your ****** off.
we cant even have the barrel, not slized, not torchcut, nothing, only the groundplate and bipod
thats the reason i,m only selling the bipod and ground plates for the 60mm,s mortars
but we can see some light at the horizon, beeing on off the few countrys that banned all MG and mortar stuff, european parlement now has taken a new law, starting in april we are allowed to own demilled stuff, FINALLY !!!

the mortar on the auction were i stared this topic with sold for only 100 euro, so it,s sold for about 110 us dollar
who ever got it, has a bargain, even with the minor stuff missing..
regards, J.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts