1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new pair of Vickers parts needed a name. I’m not a big fan of hyphenated names, so I named it GregMike.

E2880980-4CDF-4E60-BDE3-B9B360A22BA7.jpeg

25E40993-DB45-40CE-9B16-01CEFA7C24BA.jpeg

The jacket is pretty impressive, heavy.

Now, I know what your recommendation is: BUILD IT and I know where to borrow a tool to rip end caps off a donor jacket. BTW anybody got a dented beater jacket for cheap?

But I don’t have them time to finish GregMike. This is like number 10 on the list. So I’m wondering who might possibly be interested in building such a creature, and doing it fast enough that we can all enjoy the journey with our short attention spans.

Besides which, seems like EVERYONE has a tan jacket Vickers, but this would make a real showy SAR piece on a high polish tripod.

Hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Well, Pimperific !! Now that should get put on a Chromed receiver, with a High polish tripod. Who, who could do such a thing ??? Or better yet asked, who WOULD do such a thing?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Ha, Ha, I know where you got that you paid more than I was willing. I did a little research on that, from what I cam up with is those were made by IMA for some display guns they sold years ago.
If you would like me to build that for you give me a call.
Greg

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, Ha, I know where you got that you paid more than I was willing. I did a little research on that, from what I cam up with is those were made by IMA for some display guns they sold years ago.
If you would like me to build that for you give me a call.
Greg
I’m trying to NOT take you up on that!! I’ve seen photos of the IMAs, but never a live jacket. It’s actually nicer than I expected. The rest is MA42. The consmoline is like stone- took four days of soaking and pliars to get the FP out. Not like the nice gooey cosmoline I got from @Apex.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Sounds like another Covid project is under way lol All you guys seem to be building like champs these days I guess I better get going so I can catch up.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. COVID projects. Like the USPS Flat rate game box stuffed with demilled 1903 barrels going out, no warranty on arrival quantity?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I’m trying to NOT take you up on that!! I’ve seen photos of the IMAs, but never a live jacket. It’s actually nicer than I expected. The rest is MA42. The consmoline is like stone- took four days of soaking and pliars to get the FP out. Not like the nice gooey cosmoline I got from @Apex.
Glad to hear that its decent quality, a guy never knows with the IMA stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts