1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After five years of drought I finally found blue dot powder! I like blue dot because it is so versatile,I can load everything from 9MM to 30 carbine with one powder, and 12 gauge but that takes a lot more then other powders, and I only paid $22 a pound, of course I could only get two pounds, but I'll take what I can get!
I also found .22 lr for 5 and a half cents a piece at wally world,what's this world coming too!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Where'd you find the Blue Dot?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Have about a half pound of Blue Dot in the original metal can from the early 1960's (I suspect) somewhere in the shop. It was part of my Dad's supply. Keep it around for sentimental reasons. I wouldn't use it on a bet. :grenade:

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blue dot

I forgot why I liked blue dot so much until I got back to reloading this afternoon, it's been a while since I have done any so I double checked my powder weight, 14 grains of Lil gun, for some reason I had just looked at the book and saw that 30 carbine started at 7 grains of blue dot, so when it threw 14 I got worried that I had been over charging my rounds, so I stopped and went into the house and pulled up Hodgon's site and sure enough starting weight was 14 grains, and Lil gun is a couple bucks more a pound!
I'm going to have my wife stop back and get a couple more pounds when she is over there this weekend doing school shopping!

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have been looking for bulk pack 22lr for ages... I finally got my Ruger 10/22 back from the cops over a year ago (theft recovery) and I haven't been able to even test fire it...

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts