1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the 1919a4 in from oow. I bought the $299 modle, very nice. I already peiced it together, well minus a few looses little parts, i think i know where they all go now that i reread all the titorials. Need to send my internals to my gunsmith now. Also I ordered a couple used belts from oow and they are very nice shape, a little dirty but thats it. Had one of my shooting buddies over i think he was more excited to shooting it than me, i think i may have givin the bug to someone else. Thanks again guys for making the wife shake her head at me even more!:D
Jason D
USAF

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats man, the fever has started. I have two and for some reason have the need to build more. Like a bunch more. I think it is an obsession like crack. The way I figure it these home built belt feds are going to be restricted sooner or later so build away. Good call on the OOW, I bought the $299 kit and plan to purchase a few more. The remainder of the right side plate can be tricky to remove but as long as you grind the rivets flush, and have a punch and BFH, it comes off in about 15 minutes, hopefully. Good kits though. Have fun building, its more work than an AK but much cooler.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im glad...

Im glad i paid attention to a previous post about that chunk of the rsp still rivited on some of the kits, mine still has it attached! guess i got some work ahead of me, hope it comes off easy.
Jason D
USAF

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah some guys have had a really hard time with that. I didnt need to drill or anything. I was just very carefull when I ground off the rivet head. I think if you go crazy you end up smearing the rivet metal into the bottom plate. Hell on mine I didnt even grind them all the way down, I got them real close but not all the way. Then a punch and a hammer drove them out. You will have to knock the p**s out of em but they come out. Good luck.

Robo

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
You're on your way. Good luck on your build.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
In addition

Having to deal with rivets like this in the past I centerpunch em and take an undersized drill and drill all the way through then I take a small punch and punch the sides into the center then drive them out. Learned the hard way on some eastern block AK's they chamfered the side of the receivers on the outside and also chamfered the truinion blocks it was hell but it served the purpose and was sure solid.... and if you don't have someone to do your milling work look at 30calmachinegunner on this board he does a great job... I'm sure everyone else would agree on that... and thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didnt have time to mess with it today but i will try friday or saturday. My gun smith i trust in town just got a new milling machine and he owes me so im getting them done for nothing! But if somethging happens i know where to go, thanks guys!
Jason D USAF

·
Registered
169 Posts
I gotta agree with robo4642 - this is like a crack addiction! heck, crack's probably cheaper:D
have fun and good luck on your build

1 - 9 of 9 Posts