1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here I gave a brief 1 sentence introduction before asking a few technical questions, so here is a more in depth introduction!

I go by "Balming" on all websites I visit on the net. I'm an avid handloader and gun collector, and I enjoy going to MG shoots all over the southeast.

I first became interested in getting a semi 1919 about 5-7 years ago when Sarco had 1919 kits for something like $249 each if you bought 3. I bought 3 kits, kept all of the best parts and sold the other 2 kits. I also bought one of those crank type belt loaders. I never got around to building a semi so I sold the kit and loader to a buddy who is an 02 manufacturer who made it into a post sample. I shoot it from time to time.

I am a gunsmith and my previous employer was Summit Ammo, a type 10 FFL and ammo wholesaler. I got the chance to build up a few cool post samples, including a 1919. I also got to go to quite a few MG shoots this way! Most of my gunsmithing over the last 10 years or so has been on commercial sporting weapons, and building custom target guns and FALs.

Well, I have the 1919 bug again so I decided to go all out and get a gun from John McGuire, buy the best crank trigger I can, and get the adapter and T&E for my MG42AA tripod.

You may ask "Why don't you build it yourself if you're a gunsmith?"

Well, my current job has me working 65-70 hours a week, and frankly I really don't want to bother with it.

I'm sure that I'll be visiting here often with tech. questions, this appears to be a great site with a great bunch of helpful folks.

Balming

·
6,504 Posts
Welcome aboard. We always appreciate more enthusiasts finding us. Thx for joining.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Although I repair/rebuild weapons for a living, I'll be the first to admit when I need help on a gun that I have never owned.

This seems like the place to be when it comes to John Moses Browning's design!

Balming

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
"Balming"
It is good to have you here, as well as it is good to be here. I'm new to the site but have had a M1919A4 (store bought) for some years now. This is a great site.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,101 Posts
As one who worked in a gunsmithing shop for 6+ years, I welcome you to the best gun board on the web! While not a gunsmith myself (I was involved in the manufacturing of 1911 and Hi-Power accessories) I worked for one of the best. I am sure that you will have much knowledge that can benefit folks on this forum, as ouchman says. Glad to have ya!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Formal Introduction

I just registered, I thought I saw your name on a post about the Oct 06 Militaria Show in Belgium, ?? what where and all, do you know?
Honan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts