1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had been trying for quite some time to come up with a solution that would allow me to display my 1919 on my MG42 AA tripod and not trash my hardwood floor with the tripod's spikes. I was at Walgreens the other day waiting on a 'scrip and noticed that they sold tennis balls... it took me a minute to figure out why, but it gave me a "Eureka!" moment for my tripod spikes conundrum.

$2.99 for a tube of Wilson tennis balls, stabbed a hole in each with a graduated reamer. New shoes for my tripod! :D

No, the Browning is not here yet...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I put baby shoes on my izzi a6 bipod, it works quite well. Nice idea, I will have to remember that one.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Getting that safe in and positioned without damage to the floor must have been fun. Have a soft spot for real hardwood floors. Used to help my dad install them many moons ago. Last forever and look good too if they are installed correctly and the homeowner takes reasonable care of them.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting that safe in and positioned without damage to the floor must have been fun. Have a soft spot for real hardwood floors. Used to help my dad install them many moons ago. Last forever and look good too if they are installed correctly and the homeowner takes reasonable care of them.

The safe was installed by professionals who did an excellent job. I was more stressed about my tile floors in the foyer but not a scratch on the wood or a crack in the tile. Now the 1/2" holes drilled through the flooring into the concrete slab to anchor the safe? Let's not talk about that. :( This flooring is called "engineered hardwood" it is 3/8" thick red oak hardwood planks bonded to interlocking 5-layer ply. I installed it. It came out nice but the installation would rank as 3.5 on a 5 scale. Not easy but not impossible. It takes time, the right tools, and as always: "measure twice, cut once". :D

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I have tennis balls on mine too. Couple shooting sessions ago, three guys fresh from the Ukraine were camping next to where I usually set up. Asked if they minded noisy company, they said no problem.
After they showed me their healed up bullet wounds from the war they got stuck in, we all got down to shooting. There's a lot going on over there our media don't tell us. :confused:
One of they guys had a big German shepherd and kept teasing the dog about trying to 'fetch' the tennis balls. LOL! The dog was eyeballing them hard, but never did actually touch them.
Cool people. :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. I'll bet you had some good talks with those guys. Fresh bullet wounds... yeesh. Not good.

So, any suggestions for feet protectors for an M2 tripod?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I just use a set of those plastic " moving men " disks for moving furniture around . Cheep and lots of different sizes and colors available now .
Chris

·
BeltFed GURU
4,392 Posts
Interesting. I'll bet you had some good talks with those guys. Fresh bullet wounds... yeesh. Not good.

So, any suggestions for feet protectors for an M2 tripod?
Three child's tennis shoes :D i have a friend who uses them on his 50 Cal rifle :rofl: Guarantied to get you lots of laughs :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: but it works ! Ya just have to watch it does not wander off :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I just use a set of those plastic " moving men " disks for moving furniture around . Cheep and lots of different sizes and colors available now .
Chris
I'm almost positive the guy that 'invented' those stole the idea from me on a job site. On the days I had furniture to move and no helper bothered to show up, I'd use a strip of pulled up carpet from the job and a carpet pad wrapper to move all that furniture by myself.
Over carpet, I'd put the pad wrapper down with the carpet strip on top. Place the furniture piece on top and slide away.
Over wood or vinyl, It was carpet fuzzy side down with no plastic wrapper. Furniture on top and giddyup-go!
He sure was talking a lot about the technique.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good idea on the furniture discs fellas. Thanks!

Now I have seen two suggestions for using children's tennis shoes on tripods and bipods, yet no pictures. :confused: :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts