1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I bought a 1992 Navy Arms import TU-711 Broomhandle. These were made in China and are semi-auto pseudo clones of the Mauser 712 fully automatic "Schnellfeuer" Broomhandle. The TU-711 is basically a Broomhandle that takes magazines. That's about it. Anyway, on my pistol I cannot retract the the bolt. It simply will not move. I disassembled it per instructions from ewe-tube videos. Everything inside is clean and oiled up. I can disassemble and reassemble the pistol as instructed. When disassembled, the bolt retracts with ease and all looks fine. But when reassembled, it is still frozen in place. I am not Broomhandle literate and don't know what to try. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Have you tried pushing the entire upper receiver assembly back 1/4 of an inch to assist in the unlock? I may be WAY off base here, but I remember my Broomy was weird like that too and I had issues cocking it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Is the release for the upper in the fully closed, up, position so the upper is correctly positioned on the lower? The lock frame won't assemble to the upper except one way and if out of whack it won't fit onto the lower.
I agree on pushing the barrel back to overcome the breech lock spring and associated friction of the moving parts, which is the way to determine if it will unlock with extra persuasion and is just tight or if it is something something more dire. It helps on the Chinese made guns to lube the lock friction parts, rails, bolt, etc with the slickest lube available. And even to polish them to reduce friction as much as is possible.

I have four .45 Shansei's and they are like getting little kids to behave. Also have NFA 712s which are very reliable and predictable compared to the Chinese made Brooms. Don't have any 96s but have had some.
All I got at the moment....

·
Registered
96 Posts
A possible and likely problem is that the lock and its link to the trigger housing are glued together by some old lube. If you haven't run it for a long time it is very possible to get whatever lube you used last into a glue like varnish state. The leverage you have to unlock the gun is pretty low compared to the area of the parts in contact that can be stuck. As the other poster noted you can try smacking the end of the barrel with a plastic or rubber hammer to help move the lock or if you can get it apart make sure that the lock will actually move. It is pushed forward by what people call the hammer spring in the trigger housing. There is a guide on the front end that fits pretty closely in the housing and any varnish in there can lock it up tight.

Let us know how it comes out.

I'm pretty familiar with those guns and bought a number of the receivers, uppers and stocks for the carbine versions many years back. They used Mauser made parts stripped from Schnellfeuer pistols for the most part. Most of these parts are not interchangeable with the model 1930 or earlier semi auto pistols and swapping the bolt or the trigger housing will also create a solid locked pistol. The bolt have different underside configurattions and the trigger housings different uppers and they may fit but will interfere when you try to move things.

Frank

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I disassembled and re-lubed everything again. If I pull back sharply on the bolt I can get this mutha to move correctly. This seems to be a lube/friction issue. I hope it will smooth out eventually with use. None of the internal parts show any wear or dirt. The springs are extremely heavy. That seems like overkill in my opinion. The internals are very crudely finished. None of the parts contact points are polished.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Well, I disassembled and re-lubed everything again. If I pull back sharply on the bolt I can get this mutha to move correctly. This seems to be a lube/friction issue. I hope it will smooth out eventually with use. None of the internal parts show any wear or dirt. The springs are extremely heavy. That seems like overkill in my opinion. The internals are very crudely finished. None of the parts contact points are polished.
Must be a Chinese thing, as My old German Mauser was, well, fitted like a German gun!

I spent quite a bit of time tinkering with mine and I remember having issues unlocking the gun. It was a weird three handed motion that would open it up. What really dissuaded me was all that holds that bolt from shooting back in your face is a little bolt stop of unknown origin. I shot mine a few times and decided it was time to pass it to a collector, it didnt really fit my niche.

·
5,467 Posts

I think you answered your own question polish the parts and use SiliKriol, or Kroil, this lubes almost everything.......well not the wife, usually the third margarita, does the job.

·
5,467 Posts
Classic!!!!
I once announced at a Fire District gathering "As Deputy Chief I decree the following: Extra ration of rum for the gentlemen, and Vaseline for the ladies' This was not well received by the wife, however, the "gentlemen" still quote this often. It was not my finest hour, but it is what it was

·
Registered
507 Posts
I once announced at a Fire District gathering "As Deputy Chief I decree the following: Extra ration of rum for the gentlemen, and Vaseline for the ladies' This was not well received by the wife, however, the "gentlemen" still quote this often. It was not my finest hour, but it is what it was
I can imagine that went over like a fart in church!

·
5,467 Posts
I can imagine that went over like a fart in church!
Like I said the "gentlemen" still use that quote, however I do not use it around the wifey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts