Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this little guy this weekend
It just needed some love and it cleaned up pretty

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hey- Polish that up with 600 grit all shiny and pimp-erific. Maybe some Blue LED lights under the cover..... and a spinner on the handle -

·
Registered
981 Posts
Looks great! I just love how that little things works in several directions at once!

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Nice find Mike now you are are officially a man of the cloth.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Good job on the cosmoline...LOL., Just be sure to establish a rythem...slower on the up-stroke,faster on the down-stroke...and it will run like a Swiss watch on steroids...!! Looks complete...adjust needle sets with the top set just a bit forward of the lower set and with about .100 between them for correct operation. These machines load used belts much better than new belts. Your machine most likely made before 1942 and maybe even earlier,depending on the mfg. name on the bottom of the base casting. Brass parts were not used after Dec '41,as brass was a 'war-critical' material. Have spare parts if you need any...check out my parts list in the 'belt-loader' forum sticky. As Russ said earlier,you are now...'a man of the cloth'...LOL.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was a weird thing. A guy I didn’t know private messaged me on Facebook on behalf of another guy I didn’t know. Said he had a Vickers belt loader. I was like”PayPal SENT!” THAT showed up. I just said thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Mike don't listen to Mr. Maim he hates his but I have a couple of them and they work very nice. If you run ito any problems let me know but I am pretty sure you will do just fine with it knowing your work ethic.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve had belt loaders for 15 years. Definitely not my first. I’ve never had trouble with them.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Mike don't listen to Mr. Maim he hates his but I have a couple of them and they work very nice. If you run ito any problems let me know but I am pretty sure you will do just fine with it knowing your work ethic.
I have three. The only mistake JMB ever made.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Meh- I have 3 Browning loaders here now. All work well. My original one has belted probably 200,000 rds, and once I got it figured out 25 years ago or so, It has really not needed adjustment. It is very smooth, and in 30 -06 and 8mm runs very well. I have one original but "new" and it is surprisingly stiff an rough feeling by comparison. I belted up more ammo than I will shoot in two years, so it will be a while before the newer one gets broken in .

·
11,218 Posts
i can't keep them. every time i end up with another, someone wants it more than i do or needs one and convinces me to let loose... like the brass towered one i posted photos of a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts

·
11,218 Posts
Yea he is bragging but it was really pretty! They are early and hard to find like original needles for them but have no fear Mike "you got a guy"

it was only like 15% bragging. It was mostly about something notable to spark recognition.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
it was only like 15% bragging. It was mostly about something notable to spark recognition.
You are allowed to brag Rory those are hard to find I am just surprised more guys don't value the early rare stuff that a few of us here love so much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts