1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
That would be fun to tear around in. Looks small enough to build one wouldn't exactly break bank (tracks/roadwheels being the more expensive parts)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
"The Ford Model T engine and front axel (sic) would be supplied by the new owner."

Good luck with that!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
"The Ford Model T engine and front axel (sic) would be supplied by the new owner."

Good luck with that!

Carry On!
Gary
><>
Gary, That is what Hemming's Motor News is for. They are more readily available than you might think.
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
A really nice item but won't a similar Bren carrier be more practical (money and time wise)? They mounted Vickers guns on those and they are reasonably easy to find and restore. There was a rough one (no drive train) on eBay UK about a week ago starting at 200 GBP, and there are plenty in the US and Canada. Personally I like the Ferret better.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with you on the Bren carrier! If I could find a bren carrier in any condition in the US I wouldn't think twice about buying it! I've been looking for a one for a while with no luck.

Ben

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
BREN Carriers are out there. Looked at 5 in Phoenix a few years back, they're all sold now. Southeastern Equipment in Savannah, GA (I think) had over 100 ex Swiss ones years ago. They cut the rear differential out of them and sold them, basically ruining the vehicles. I think they ended up scrapping the rest of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts