1919 A4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just for fun I tried parkerizing one myself. I dont have the right equipment so I acid etched the part instead of sandblasting, and made a park tank out of a stainless spackle tray and a camp stove. Dont worry, the real ones will be perkerized by a professional :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The first run of 25 will be available soon, and there are more on the way. I'm starting a list so we can make sure that people who asked first can get in on the first run. You will not have to send payment until they are actually ready to ship. Here is everyone who has expressed interest:

1. @Red57
2. @1BigGuy
3. @Badger
4. @GUNNER 50 (not sure if you are interested or not based on your post)
5. @Bones8625
6. @tacreload
7. @RMGO

There were a few other people who posted in the thread but didn't indicate if they were interested in purchasing. If you want to be added (or removed) from the list please just post in this thread.

If you are on the list I will hold one for you for a week after they go up for sale.

Thanks everyone for the interest!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Alright folks, first batch is ready to ship! Anyone on the list has a week from today to send payment and I will save your place in line. If you are not on the list and want to buy one, please send me a pm.

Price is $100 even, and that includes flat rate shipping to CONUS. Payments should go paypal friends and family (or add 3%) to [email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thanks everyone! I got all of the paid orders shipped today, they will be picked up by USPS tomorrow. If you provided an email address you should receive tracking info. I will try to respond to all the PM's as well, just really slammed right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally got a chance to try it out, it’s really an awesome tool, particularly for us SA owners that aren’t dumping hundreds of rounds at the range. (With ammo prices as they are most people probably aren’t, anyways, but I digress.). The small form factor is great, as well. I may play around and add a spring and a detent stop for the plunger, but so far so good! I loaded 100 rounds in about 20 minutes, much faster than by hand. I’m sure that will improve once I get the flow down. Nice work!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Finally got a chance to try it out, it’s really an awesome tool, particularly for us SA owners that aren’t dumping hundreds of rounds at the range. (With ammo prices as they are most people probably aren’t, anyways, but I digress.). The small form factor is great, as well. I may play around and add a spring and a detent stop for the plunger, but so far so good! I loaded 100 rounds in about 20 minutes, much faster than by hand. I’m sure that will improve once I get the flow down. Nice work!
Thanks for the feedback! I messed around with adding a spring, it worked but I found that it was actually easier for me to use without it. Either way I would be interested to see what you come up with.

If its helpful at all, carefully watch the video I posted of using the linker. I actually flip the plunger off to the side after each cycle. After awhile it becomes automatic and you can get really fast.

·
Registered
78 Posts
702 you did a amazing job after about the first ten rounds I found my pace and cranked out a 250 round belt in just a little while. Only thing is I think I'm gonna add a piece of rubber on the palm portion just to help make it more comfortable, but all around a beautiful piece of work, again you made a very handy tool that's going to be staying with my browning's ammo cans from now on. Was well worth the wait!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
702 you did a amazing job after about the first ten rounds I found my pace and cranked out a 250 round belt in just a little while. Only thing is I think I'm gonna add a piece of rubber on the palm portion just to help make it more comfortable, but all around a beautiful piece of work, again you made a very handy tool that's going to be staying with my browning's ammo cans from now on. Was well worth the wait!
Glad you like it!

702lab,
See i told you pad for the palm LOL it is a great design and the production turned out superb ! You deserve the WECSOG (Wiley E Coyote School Of Gunsmithing ) award from the long ago of this forum .Well Done Sir !!!
Ha! You are not wrong about the rubber, I never doubted you! I've just had bad luck in the past any time it comes to gluing things, and I didn't want to have issues with them falling off. There's also this thing called "feature creep" where you end up adding more and more features until something just becomes too expensive. I figured worst case it shouldn't be too difficult for people to add a pad of some sort if they want to.

Side note, I've never heard of the WECSOG award, but I have been called the world's most okayest gunsmith!

41 - 60 of 96 Posts