1919 A4 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
At $100 I'd be out. I'm not knocking you because I'd probably ask even more for my time. But if I'm dragging the whole ensemble out, I'll just take the big loader at that point
Well, that and... a plate linker does 20 at a time. I don't want to waste my precious range time linking one round at a time. Hell, that's slower than loading a magazine.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Well if you guys are in Cali then you can only link 10 at a time , so what's your point....Wasting time at the range?....Why don't you just link them at home and take more then you need ...Works for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Question, any of these available?
Currently sold out but I have another run of 25 in the works. Sorry no ETA yet as we are slammed with firearm sales!

Well, that and... a plate linker does 20 at a time. I don't want to waste my precious range time linking one round at a time. Hell, that's slower than loading a magazine.
A plate linker does 20 at a time, but you still need to place each round and link on the plate individually, so it's not 20 times faster. I'm guessing it would be about twice as fast. If someone wants to film themselves loading 100 rounds on a plate linker I've love to go head to head with them and see what the difference really is.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Currently sold out but I have another run of 25 in the works. Sorry no ETA yet as we are slammed with firearm sales!

A plate linker does 20 at a time, but you still need to place each round and link on the plate individually, so it's not 20 times faster. I'm guessing it would be about twice as fast. If someone wants to film themselves loading 100 rounds on a plate linker I've love to go head to head with them and see what the difference really is.
I'd agree a plate linker will not be 20 times faster. Twice as fast? 3x as fast. IDK. We'd have to have a race. But the ONLY value to a single round linker is that it is smaller and less bulky to take to the range. But... remember if you're already hauling a 41 pound gun with tripod and boxes of ammo already, a plate linker just isn't THAT much more equipment. Either way, each to his own. Always nice to have options, right?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well if you guys are in Cali then you can only link 10 at a time , so what's your point....Wasting time at the range?....Why don't you just link them at home and take more then you need ...Works for me.
I don't know ANY 1919 shooters here in CA who only load 10 at a time because everyone I know has had the links before the ban or linked up a bunch during freedom week. And yes, I don't load at the range, I have plenty of links and use a plate linker in advance so I can haul 1000 round to the range at a time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I'd agree a plate linker will not be 20 times faster. Twice as fast? 3x as fast. IDK. We'd have to have a race. But the ONLY value to a single round linker is that it is smaller and less bulky to take to the range. But... remember if you're already hauling a 41 pound gun with tripod and boxes of ammo already, a plate linker just isn't THAT much more equipment. Either way, each to his own. Always nice to have options, right?
It's also 1/3 the price. I know a lot of people who are into belt feds and even NFA stuff are still on a tight budget. Heck I drive a 20 year old vehicle so I can afford to buy more guns!

I'm sorry that I missed my chance earlier when I was on the first list. I don't know what happened. . .
May I get in on this second go 'round?
Sure! I can't make any promises on delivery date but we do have all the parts in stock, just need to weld, engrave, and parkerize.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks for the interest everyone, I'm trying to make a push to get the next batch complete. I'm sorry it's taking so long, I weld them myself and I've just been slammed with other stuff. Hang in there, these WILL be available in the not so distant future.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts