1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I tested it with 30-06 for links and cloth belts. Links work perfectly, but cloth belts dont. And my idea to make it work with cloth belts didn't work. I'm sure I could come up with a solution, but not without adding substantial cost. For now I'm going to stick to the original plan.

I'm planning to make a batch of these in the next few weeks, I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for all the feedback!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I’m in for one, take my money let me know how to pay, have 2000 links on the way to make range rats fill lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's an updated version that is simpler. Notice I removed the top tube and replaced with with an edge flange that's part of the base plate:

For everyone who is interested, please hang in there while I get everything sorted out, I'm actually planning to put up a web store where you can click to buy these and the optics mounts I'm working on.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
very clever, but why not weld another tube, add a additional plunger where it will do 2 rounds with one push

·
Registered
38 Posts
very clever, but why not weld another tube, add a additional plunger where it will do 2 rounds with one push
I feel the price would go up too much if he added a second plunger, then it would be a tough decision between his item and a slab loader.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I feel the price would go up too much if he added a second plunger, then it would be a tough decision between his item and a slab loader.
Not only that but I don't think it would be any faster. If you watch the video, I spend 95% of the time just grabbing and orienting the rounds and links. The only time you would save with a double linker is the time spent pushing the plunger, which is only a split second.

Also, during the process you'll notice that I use my left hand to hold the round and link in place, this may become cumbersome if I had to hold two rounds and two links.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. The first batch of these is currently in production, and we are working on getting a webstore up and running. It will probably be a few weeks before I have any more updates, but this is moving forward.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Here is what the Brits did for a linker/de-linker. I'm thinking this idea tool could be updated to work with a bunch of different cartridges and links. Unfortunately, I gave this tool to Dolf and he misplaced it. What a surprise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here is what the Brits did for a linker/de-linker. I'm thinking this idea tool could be updated to work with a bunch of different cartridges and links. Unfortunately, I gave this tool to Dolf and he misplaced it. What a surprise.

That's interesting! We thought about doing something handheld like that...but I think the workbench mounted approach makes it easier, because you can let gravity help you and just lay everything down flat. But I haven't used the above tool so who knows.

Also we all have delinkers already, they are called 1919's 😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd be interested in buying this or would even pay you for the drawings if you're willing. I have a fab shop and could make one of these very cheaply! Please keep me posted!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
When will they be ready for sale
Still a few weeks out, the bases are all welded up but I still need to weld the plunger assemblies, then send them out for engraving and parkerizing. Meanwhile we are still working on the webstore...if these are done before the webstore is ready I can probably just take a paypal payment and sell them on the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A belt linker just went for $700 on Rock Island's auction. Kicking myself that I missed it! Hope someone here grabbed it, looked brand new!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts