1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hy anyone out there who knows for witch mortar this is
the guy who wants to sell it claims it,s US, but thats all he knew.
it never used , new in a case, what kind of value....
thanks, Auto part Machine

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guy,s now this is identified, is there anyone who can tell me what it,s wurth in this condition
it,s as you can see brand new, in the original transport case.
it,s not mine ( yet}
thanks,

M-64a1 sight for the M-224 as previously stated

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmhhh, restricted... you wone believe what kind of US military stuff is been sold overhere
most comes from US bases that are lifted and abandoned in europe
so iff this is officially sold,... who,s to blame then..

I believe that sight is a restricted item, meaning a new one has never been surplussed

·
Registered
224 Posts
Those sights have been out for quite some time and have been surplussed over the years. They were intended for the 81mm M29A1 I believe but will fit the M2, M19, M224 60mm guns as well as the earlier 81mm mortars. They have finer graduations and control on movement than the old M4 sight as well as a much better sighting system. Its much simpler to line up with the graduations on aiming posts.
I used on on my M2 60mm mortar once to see how well it worked and its nice.

Frank

·
Registered
739 Posts
Those sights have been out for quite some time and have been surplussed over the years. They were intended for the 81mm M29A1 I believe but will fit the M2, M19, M224 60mm guns as well as the earlier 81mm mortars. They have finer graduations and control on movement than the old M4 sight as well as a much better sighting system. Its much simpler to line up with the graduations on aiming posts.
I used on on my M2 60mm mortar once to see how well it worked and its nice.

Frank
I think you're thinking of the M-53a1 sight. They look pretty similar, and a fair number of M-53a1's are around. They turn up on ebay/gunbroker often enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts