1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hello!

I'm a gun nut that goes by "Balming" on most other gun boards on the net.

This seems like THE PLACE to come for all 1919 questions and data!

I was wondering what suppliers make quality semi auto 1919s? I have around $1500 to spend, is that enough?

ALthough I would like to build one myself, that is not an option for me right now. I work 60-70 hours every week and what free time I have I try to spend with my wife and kids.

Once again I apologize if this question is one that y'all hear all of the time!

Thanks!

Balming

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
shouldn't take a lot of free time to build one, maybe 3-4 hours to drill and rivet one together for a first timer, if your interested I still have a couple of the package deals I put together a while back, everything you need to build a 1919A4 in one package, otherwise for the money you are willing to spend I would recommend John Mcguire's gun, you should have enough left over to get a linker and some links also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
30calmachinegunner said:
shouldn't take a lot of free time to build one, maybe 3-4 hours to drill and rivet one together for a first timer, if your interested I still have a couple of the package deals I put together a while back, everything you need to build a 1919A4 in one package, otherwise for the money you are willing to spend I would recommend John Mcguire's gun, you should have enough left over to get a linker and some links also.

Does he have a website or some contact info?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I just emailed John Mcguire.

Balming

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
was it you that posted

mjlynch71 said:
I have one for sale if you are interested, everything is included, all you would need is ammo, even has spade grips. [email protected]
the other day that your gun blew up and put you in the hospital? is this the same gun ur looking to sell?

i apologize if ur not the same guy. sometimes my coffee gets a bit too strong.

if you are the same guy, how much do you want for "killer" ?? are you offering a warranty or free health insurance? :)

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
As it turns out, I did see that post too...... I don't think the gun was at fault though, somethine about headspacing.

Go figure :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Balming, send me an IM and I'll make you a deal.

Balming,
I met you at the first MG shoot in Camden a few years ago.
I have a complete 1919A4 with every accessory you can think
of, and I have been considering selling it for awhile.

IM sent.

Thanks,
Herman

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

After reading your reccomendations here, and on another site, I decided to go with one of John McGuire's guns.

I talked with him on the phone and he seems like a really nice guy to do business with.

Thanks again,

Balming

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few more questions.............

Who makes the best crank-type trigger mech.?

Also, wasn't there a company offering an adapter for use with the MG42AA tripod? I already have one and I would like to keep my costs down somewhat.

I'm off now to scour the net in search of 1919 stuff to feed my new addiction!:)

I appreciate the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts