1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap!!!! Just saw that IMA is selling their 2 torch cut MG34 receivers for $495!!! In 3 years they've doubled in price! Wish I'd have bought more back then. Then again I've been sayin that about a lot of gun stuff over the last 5 years.

Like we were talking about Russ - this is the tail end of the "Golden Age" of military firearms ownership. This stuff is all drying up fast.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Dave, All you have to do is browse through a couple Shotgun News magazines from 9-15 years ago and it will be enough to make you cry.
Even if a guy had paid the penalties for withdrawing his 401K early, had he invested it 10 - 15 years ago in parts kits and ammunition I am sure he would have done very well.
When I look back at what I could have bought if I had only known, of course hindsight is always 20/20. Glad I did purchase what I did, I only wish I had bought more!!!
Seems the only thing that has remained stable over the years is wages.:(
CaptMax

·
Registered
173 Posts
Holy crap!!!! Just saw that IMA is selling their 2 torch cut MG34 receivers for $495!!! In 3 years they've doubled in price! Wish I'd have bought more back then. Then again I've been sayin that about a lot of gun stuff over the last 5 years.

Like we were talking about Russ - this is the tail end of the "Golden Age" of military firearms ownership. This stuff is all drying up fast.
Dont forget you can get 5% off if you subscribe with an email address, every time I buy something I have to create a new email to get the 5% :rofl:

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Remember IMA had the torch cut MG42 rear sections (only) for $100 a few years ago? I sold one for $250 because I thought it was a great profit, then put the other on GB and got $500!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I remember buying an MG-34 parts kit about ten years ago for $225

I sold it a while later for $500, and was pretty happy. ha ha ha ha......yea.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dave, I bought some mid nineties copies of the machine gun news from a fellow forum member a couple of years back and was browsing the class 3 items for sale and you almost have to go to the laundromat with a gross of crying towels and a large sack of quarters to keep a supply of clean towels on hand while reading these magazines! One example, a very nice 'Complete' and I mean 'Complete' early model Vickers with just about every imaginable accessory and spare barrels for $3,000!!! It is very hard to go through these magazines without having a nervous break down.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Dave, I bought some mid nineties copies of the machine gun news from a fellow forum member a couple of years back and was browsing the class 3 items for sale and you almost have to go to the laundromat with a gross of crying towels and a large sack of quarters to keep a supply of clean towels on hand while reading these magazines! One example, a very nice 'Complete' and I mean 'Complete' early model Vickers with just about every imaginable accessory and spare barrels for $3,000!!! It is very hard to go through these magazines without having a nervous break down.
Especially for the ammo prices!!:jedicrying::jedicrying::jedicrying:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts