Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Recent Albany ,Oregon shoot.

What is it?
Who built it?
Details... anyone seen this one??

Machine Robot

Rollin......We briefly talked about this.. Figured I'd share the pic and see if anyone knows about this " unit "

Played Hell getting this pic transferred....some how it werked!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
The rotary 12 gauge was there last year, so I guessing you mean the other one on the left side of the pic.
Did you get any pics from different angles?? Can't tell what type of receiver it has.That's a strange looking critter indeed.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
You know, that was just up the line from me. Sadly, I was pretty well tied down to my table and didn't get around much. Never got a look at it. However, my buddy that flew up for the shoot was telling me about it. IRRC, all that hardware was wrapped around some kind of pistol... I think. I will look through his pics and see if there are any closeups of it, and get permission to post them.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Looks like a 1919 jammed into some sort of PVC monstrosity. Clearly, the sights are of no use. I'm guessing the "mount" is supposed to be armor as well.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks to me like some hollyweird abortion of a 1919 to be fired from the hip. Can't you just see Arnie dancing around with it killing all the bad guys and saving the day.

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,308 Posts
Looks like the guns from the video game, Doom 3 to me,,,, just now there are real ones for a movie , maybe.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Looks like the guns from the video game, Doom 3 to me,,,, just now there are real ones for a movie , maybe.
Heh, the BFG9000.I was partial to the plasma gun myself. They both shared the same type ammo.LOL!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
"DOOM" (2005) w/ "The Rock" among others. Saw it & "Fast and Furious" (whatever #) never saw or played the game. Can't you just see "The Rock" killing the bad guys and saving the day with this thing. After all Arnie is getting a little long in the tooth. Did you see his last movie? man he looks old. I know, I know I'm getting old too, the mirror tells me so.
I also know it looks cool but how practical can it be in real life. But hollyweird is all about cool not what's real. But it's fun to make up things like this and have something no one else has. Look at all the guys that made clones of the "Alien" guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts