1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:

Dirt has the IMI .308 blanks on M-60 links. Has anyone used these blanks and if so what oriffice size are you using on your 1919? I relize that they will need to be relinked, but that has to be better than those Aussie blanks that leave crap in your gun.

Big thanks,
Lew VB

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looked like a cross between saw dust and mini mouse turds, I think it was unburnt powder. It wasn't my gun, but it was my friend's My friend who got me into 1919's and later helped me build my gun. It stuck all over the well oiled workings of his gun and gummed things up but good. After 20-30 rounds the gun wouldn't cycle. He ended up cleaning everything out and firing the gun, for the most part, dry. That kept the crud from sticking to the parts of the action and the gun would continue to fire.

·
Registered
106 Posts
crap

could you ekaborate on Aussie? Jim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Blanks

Lew,
I ran into that same junk in my barrel booster after firing off the austrian blanks. It looks just like sawdust. Gummed it up pretty bad too. I fire the Lake City blanks (after relinking them) and have absolutly no problems at all. I drilled out a 3/16 hole in the blank fire adapter that I made. My BFA is a 1/4 inch thick piece of stainless steel that is the same dimension as the inside of the barrel booster. Then I had it welded into place.

Todd

·
Registered
106 Posts
Aussie defined

I see
he defined it. Bad news is I just bought 1000 rds of crap. Jim​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts