1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
You are right.

Sadly my solution will be to visit less and less. I can't stand all these ads taking over my computer.
i might have a different opinion if i saw the ads. for those that use ad blockers, do those work?

Guys. AdBlock. Yes it works. Any browser. Click the link below.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I run FireFox and have no pop up issues. Thanks ScottD GREAT!! Analogy, Got a Laugh out of that.
For those of you complaining about pop-ups......seriously, what browser and virus protection are you running?
Install Firefox and Pandadome. I know some of you old bastages hate technology......but cmon guys....the internet is like trying to bang a Thai hooker with no protection...

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
had no idea it was getting a new format.. just came by to check on my beltfed friends....

adblock plus & ghostery take care of any pop ups/unders or cut ins... (im not getting any)

but YES this new format sux.

good to see all of you guys though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For those of you complaining about pop-ups......seriously, what browser and virus protection are you running?
Install Firefox and Pandadome. I know some of you old bastages hate technology......but cmon guys....the internet is like trying to bang a Thai hooker with no protection...
Guys. AdBlock. Yes it works. Any browser. Click the link below.

Ad blocker / Ad blocker + / Ad blocker ultimate all work for me and I use Firefox
I haven't seen an ad yet !

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Yead AB works fine on my puter too - no pu's.
Did I do something wrong ? I now have the cheesy bullet hole graphic bar across the top again......I don't remember changing any settings????

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Yead AB works fine on my puter too - no pu's.
Did I do something wrong ? I now have the cheesy bullet hole graphic bar across the top again......I don't remember changing any settings????
If you don't like the forum banner, right-click, go to AdBlock, "Block this Ad" and block it (there's a couple more steps but you get the idea)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
same here. I am totally afraid of trying to install this stuff. Did it once, screwed EVERYTHING UP. Ended up buying another computer, and then had to re buy a whole bunch of software.

Guys, my computer just locked up 30 seconds trying to do this post. I guess I'm outa here.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Tried the link and it told me I had to install Microsoft Edge to download...:sneaky:
same here. I am totally afraid of trying to install this stuff. Did it once, screwed EVERYTHING UP. Ended up buying another computer, and then had to re buy a whole bunch of software.

Guys, my computer just locked up 30 seconds trying to do this post. I guess I'm outa here.
I guess you both are running ancient versions of Internet Explorer. Sorry, can't help you with that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My favorite motorcycle forum suffered the same fate I used to enjoy checking in at least daily usually more than once a day sometimes keeping an open browser for weeks at a time but the new format is very similar to this. I also heard about the sale of the forum after the fact and the owner who sold it, a friend of mine never told me but it sold for $150 and the new buyer had to pay off some hosting back bills which weren't much. Today the site is intolerable and yes many of my PC's are old Panasonic ToughBooks which I love and they run forever but are on XP so I'm screwed glued and tattoed lol. I have only visited my old TW200 site 4 or 5 times in 2020 never posting and usually see little of interest because it's time consuming just to find recent posts. Many users moved to FakeBook but thats the worst format I can imagine I tried and tried but just hate F-book

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, its been awhile, always will be an FNG. I am always mining forums for info and entertainment. Still so much to be found. Thanks to all of those on this and other forums, some that are no longer around, that contributed to my 20+ year beltfed education so I could build a 1919A4/6, an MG42 and now on to an MG34, with a sub gun KP31 and KP44 to fill in the slow times.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
My computer is only a year old and I just got use to the explorer it came with...It works great with what I need to do with it...Just can't see downloading something just so I can download something else...I will just tape a piece of black cardboard over the add screen and call it good ;)(y)

·
Legendary Donor
1,667 Posts
hey, i'm just holding on b4 the covid gets my ass. i'm not -nor never will be good or accepting of new tech. some dogs just don't learn old tricks. LOL
tomt

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Well, this is going to take some getting used to...

·
Registered
476 Posts
My computer is only a year old and I just got use to the explorer it came with...It works great with what I need to do with it...Just can't see downloading something just so I can download something else...I will just tape a piece of black cardboard over the add screen and call it good ;)(y)
Now I like that, you just might be a redneck
However I do NOT like the new forum it sux, looks like I will be spending more time on HKPRO

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya, I am not a fan either but I am sure i will get used to it. It also took me over 2 weeks to get my account updated so I could get in. I sent numerous emails but I guess they don't check them often or something. At least I got it fixed and in now.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Change sucks for us human beings. I'll try to adjust and get used to the new format. Everything changes, such is so.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts