1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Beware that there are German Maxim loaders that are missing the belt drive pins on the drum, so make sure you ask the seller and insure that they are intact. There is no Russian made alternative loader for 7.92 round/fabric belt for the German guns.
There is a 100 round 7.92 Schwarzlose 07/12 steel belt offered on GB under MG parts. These work well in the Maxims.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Aluminum Turkish 250 round Maxim belts also work just fine, at least in my MG08 and Vickers. They are relatively easy to load by hand and IMA was selling them @ $35.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive got some turkish aluminum belts. i have to pull them through. ive heard the cloth belts dont hang up as mutch. i have 6 cloth belts. but its hard to load them by hand. how did the Russians load them?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
ive got some turkish aluminum belts. i have to pull them through. ive heard the cloth belts dont hang up as mutch. i have 6 cloth belts. but its hard to load them by hand. how did the Russians load them?
Ah! If you need to pull the belts through, you don't have a belt issue. You need to check the belt pawl springs in the feed block and/or ease up on the fusee spring setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts