1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago when they came out with those 1/6th scale Jeeps and Stuart tanks I just had to have one, the Jeep came with a soldier and a Patton figure, over the years I came across a couple more pieces,recently I bought the half-track, which I've been wanting since I saw they built one, it came with a bunch of older GI JOES which just aren't the same as the Dragon models, so I sold off the GI JOES and bought some more dragon figures, I showed my wife the last one I got the other day, all she had to say was that " we never bought the girls any of the high dollar barbies", then when we got home she told me" don't forget your doll", but since the money came from me selling off stuff I've scrounged she doesn't care that much, tonight I was online trying to find out some information about the figures when I came across these guys, http://www.vonabt.co.uk , they are incredible, they built a 1/6th scale Dora rail gun, among many other things,I know there are probably other afflicted with this problem and thought they might enjoy some guys with serious afflictions!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Love the happy expression on the M60 gunner in the PBR model, not to mention the Tom Cruise look-alike manning the twin 50's in the bow. The guys who put these together must be OCD with a sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I was really into modeling and gaming when I was in the service. Biggest problem is storing them. the size of the dioramas on that site is "daunting". Those figures are each a foot tall, so it is hard to know where the keep them. Excellent attention to the details .

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Ran across a site where they build large RC Battleships (4-6 feet long) and have battles out on a body of water. the ships shoot at each other with 5mm BB's and the losers sink. Neat to watch the Bismark go up against the Yamato!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
expressions

The expressions on their faces is the most satisfying thing about these figures, each release has a different face, not like old joe which had the same face for 40 years,plus people do custom faces,I saw "oddball" from Kelly's heroes once, and someday I will have to get a R Lee Ermee figure, it has a voice box with a bunch of his swearing! I've always been fascinated by the rail gun Dora and to see it in that scale was incredible, and the U boat pen display with the torpedo boat! I wonder if these guys work for the movie industry?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts