·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hy would appriciate information about some parts
witch manufacterers are the most value one,s these days
i got a lead on some different parts made by different compagnies
i mean compagnies like, winchester, saginaw, rockola, underwood, etc. etc
parts i am refering too are : trigger housing, slide, rear sigth, recievers.
any info would be welcome,
just need to know witch are the best to spent my money on
thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
John the answer is all of them the Postal meters, Winchesters and IBM's seem to lead the pack but the carbine guys are like Browning guys and you will always have a certain percentage of the crowd that wants to do them factory correct. All carbines and parts are getting tougher to find like everything in our hobby so if the prices are right buy them as you will certainly not loose money. Russ

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John the answer is all of them the Postal meters, Winchesters and IBM's seem to lead the pack but the carbine guys are like Browning guys and you will always have a certain percentage of the crowd that wants to do them factory correct. All carbines and parts are getting tougher to find like everything in our hobby so if the prices are right buy them as you will certainly not loose money. Russ
Russ, so when i understand correct, the most wanted "brands" are postal meter, winchester and IBM
with factory correct i assume you mean like a winchester triggerhouse must have winchester made parts inside, rigth..
are the small parts also factory marked.
mabay you need to fly over one time.... ha,ha,ha

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Russ, so when i understand correct, the most wanted "brands" are postal meter, winchester and IBM
with factory correct i assume you mean like a winchester triggerhouse must have winchester made parts inside, rigth..
are the small parts also factory marked.
mabay you need to fly over one time.... ha,ha,ha
Yes John you are correct in your thinking, do you have any of Larry Ruth's books over there? He has written more on the carbines than you can imagine his books are called War Baby and War Baby II among others and are a great tool for the carbine history and as far as coming over I would love to do the War and Peace show next year do you go?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Irwin Pederson is the rare bird. Plant was taken over by Saginaw Steering Gear (S"G") as they couldn't get good guns out the door.

Pretty much all of the ww2 carbines are getting pricey. Watch out for the people selling post war ones as they will try and get the ww2 price for them.

Steve

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I would love to do the War and Peace show next year do you go?
Russ, I heard that this was the last year for the War & Peace Revival. I too have wanted to go to it and search the vendor area but was recently informed that this year was the last show. :jedicrying:
You can read about it here: http://www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk/
Apparently the promoter is no longer going to do it and there is talk of another trying to take his place but nothing written in stone just yet. Thanks goodness there is still the Tank Fest, and the Imperial War Museum is on my bucket list as well.
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Russ, I heard that this was the last year for the War & Peace Revival. I too have wanted to go to it and search the vendor area but was recently informed that this year was the last show. :jedicrying:
Apparently the promoter is no longer going to do it and there is talk of another trying to take his place but nothing written in stone just yet. Thanks goodness there is still the Tank Fest, and the Imperial War Museum is on my bucket list as well.
CaptMax
Wow, that sucks. I got a glimpse of it last year, just a single day. But after, I heard that a lot of vendors were missing, as there was a competing event in France or something. Being the 100 year anniversary of the start of WWI, I think the other event was connected to that. A lot of the stuff I was expecting to see was simply not there, though it was still a wonderful show in every other way. I was hoping to go again, but no way to do that this summer. Rats!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I had meant to add more to this earlier, but had to go out on a call suddenly.

Yes, they are advertising this as the "last year," July 22-26, 2015. Too bad, but who knows? someone else may step in and see it continued -- that would be great!

John, for personal interest, I recommend you consider going to The Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History a military museum that occupies the two northernmost halls of the historic complex in Cinquantenaire Park in Bruxelles, as it's only a hop, skip and a jump from Amsterdam by rail, (almost 6 hours) about 135 miles (215 k) by auto and less than 2 & 1/2 hours.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
CaptMax
Well that sucks :( let's hope somebody keeps it going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts