1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a case rupture at Bulletfest, thought all I got was a small cut on my left wrist, well I was wrong. The area healed but was swelling up so I went and had it xrayed, seems I have a piece of brass stuck in my wrist, now I get to make a visit to the hand surgeon:eek: , could be worse but I won't let it slow me down, Brian

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yugo and Turk are questionable ammo at times. I only shoot Romy in my 8MM. No problems.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Hope it heals quick for ya Brian! :)
Get on those anti-biotics and no booze till the alien is out! :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rot gut Turk?????? I didn't know there was such a thing. You can wish it all on me. How exactly did that happen?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Hey Brian, sorry about your mishap. Funny how easy it is to miss something like that until it rears up on you. Thank goodness we have such an amazing, God-given biology that can bring these things to our attention before they can do more serious damage. Makes you wonder how some guys live for years with shrapnel stuck in them!

Maybe you ought to give up shooting. Seems you're allergic to brass! :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm just glad it didn't hit you in the EYE... Take care, best as ya can.

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is actually a video of it over on the Bulletfest board, Lumpy223 wifes Kirsten was actually shooting the gun when it happened while I was adjusting the elevation, he caught the whole thing on video:( , she got peppered in the legs from it also.

As far as the Turk ammo, never had a problem with stuff I bought in sealed cases but I got some that was repackaged at the creek a few years ago, don't know that I will shoot it anymore, sometimes a "good" deal is just to much to be true

I don't think it will be too bad, after all I had it in my hand a week now without realizing it:eek:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Bad ammo?

Speaking of ammo. Has any one test fired that Sportsman Guide British belted 30-06 ammo with the "K" headstamp that some thought might be dangerous?

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
british 3006

I have not tryed shooting any yet but the belts are great..I pulled all the 30-06 and replaced with 8mm by hand with half the trouble as brand new belts..thay are vary well made with consisent loops..The ammo I will be shooting this weekend but I will not be shooting it in the 1919..I will be shooting a Rem #7400 semi and a bolt action..If you don't see my report by monday then I blew my finger's off....GUNNER 50

·
Malim Praedari
371 Posts
If thats the Brit stuff with any lacquer (sp?) around the bullet as a sealant, be VERY careful. I have observed that it will take apart an M1 (I was holding it at the time) and the American Rifleman had warnings about it some time back. It seems that the lacquer hardens up around the bullet, won't come loose, and increases chamber pressure hugely. I know this from personal experience.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Man, thats too bad Brian, wish you well, Hotchkiss

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Gunner, I can relate to that. I had a small irritation on my belly. I scratched it and cut my finger. Hmmm? I thought Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Then I noticed a wire protruding from my gut. I extracted almost 3.5" of SS(maybe) wire from a wire wheel I was working with the previous week.That was late April, still not healed up.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Hey

Hey Brian,

Don't forget to save the scrapnel for the collection...:D I had ruptured a cartridge on the 23rd at the So Cal shoot not questionable ammo but questionable headspace:eek: Still has me checking for entrance wounds (stupid me). Fortuantely no one else got injured from my foul up. Let us know when you get well...Glad you caught it in time...

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from the hand surgeon, they cut it out. It was about .100" X 1/2" long, it hurts worse now than when it happened. They also wouldn't let me keep it, I asked, they said it was a bio hazard(sort of hurt my feelings:( ), it would of looked nice with the drill bit they dug out of my arm several years ago, but that's another story. Thanks everyone for your concern, Brian

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Man that sucks

Man that sucks... I would have thrown a fit kicking and screaming on the floor like a spoiled 2 year old but thats just the way I am.:D I've been told that too before that its a biohazard sometimes the doc's are cool and sometimes not guess they figure you might try to stab someone with your (biohazard) scrapnel. Bummer though. Yeah they know just how to torque those tools to move things around just enough to make it more painful huh...
Take it Easy and Get well Brian...

Brian

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry To Hear About Injury

Brian,
Did'nt Know It Was That Bad. Hope You Go To A Good Hand Ortho Guy. Your Hands Are Very Important To Your Profession.
Just Take It Easy!
Adrian

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Biohazzard? I would have just told the Doc that I'd fix that with a good shot of Brake or Contact cleaner. That's how I clean all the cuts I get in the shop... :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts