1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met an old guy in town out at the range, he's one of those old guys that's done about everything, he stopped down to my place a couple weeks ago while I was working on the 57 AT gun, he told me he had a bunch of welding rod if I needed any,so yesterday I stopped in because I'm out of rod and I'm going to start my next project as soon as this damn rain stops, while we were out in the container sorting through the rods he asked if I needed and brass for reloading,he opened a cabinet door and the thing was packed with boxes of brass,projectiles and powder,of all sizes and types,I told him I mostly needed 30-06 and .308 to feed the brownings, he pulled out a couple boxes with mixed headstamp 30-06, and below that was a 30 carbine wooden shipping crate that I just had to have as decoration for the half-track, there were 800 rounds of 30-06 brass, so made a pile of all the goodies I wanted right now and told him to give me a price, took it all home for $50! The brass is the usual mixed range pick up, some berdan and some 270, but while I was sorting through today I notice there is quite a bit of WW2 dated stuff, the earliest I saw was 42, mixed makers some DEN for sure, I used to sell Garand clips loaded with dummy rounds on fleabay till they got stupid,got extra for WW2 dated brass, but that was years ago and I'm not sure if there is any demand for this brass now,if there is I'll put a listing up in the for sale section.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Sounds as if you made a good friend 47Linc, not to mention got a smoking deal.:)
I have quite a bit of that old brass but don't reload it, I use the newer stuff for that.
Always nice to have the old stuff for dummy rounds for display, not as easy to find as it once was.
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brass

I didn't see any 50 cal brass, but the old guy has 4 cabinets and a couple big file cabinets full of stuff, next time I get over there I'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts