1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't take a child to the range, nor did I expend any ammo. I didn't clean any firearms, nor even pull them out of the safe.

I did, however, open up the safe, remove a lot of my "rainy day" funds, and went to this nice little place called the "Shane Company".

Long story short, I dropped a bunch of $$$$ on a ring, several grand worth.

She said YES!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats Dave!

I did the same last Christmas. :eek:
It's amazing what that ring will do.. for me, it's been the opposite...(in her words, not mine) - "I don't care, buy whatever.. I have my ring"
Oh, the kitchen is a mess?? "I don't care....look how sparkly my ring is!!" :eek: :D

Aside from other things, I knew mine was the one when she stepped over the 1919 set up on the living floor going to the kitchen, and didn't bat an eye.
She also wants me to get her a Ruger 10/22 with a Hot pink nylon stock, and always insists on wearing her 5" heels whenever we go to the range.. lol :D

Good luck to you guys!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Thats Great Dave, I wish you guys the best! Hotchkiss

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
....dum,dum,da dum..(wedding march...)

Congrats,Dave....I did it 39 yrs ago....never regretted it. Knew she was right one after police wife's went to range and she out-shot everyone. Glad you got that M1918 chest before you bought the ring......LOL

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
That's all????? Several grand worth??? Hmmmmm....I sure hope this lasts :D

Best of luck to you - just celebrated our 36th anniversarry last May :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
RUN... RUN quickly save yourself while you still can:cool: Congratulations Dave, My wife and I are going 10 years, 2 children, a dog and three houses. She only tried to kill me once. I had just bought a preban m1a unfired for a steal, a week later I'm laying in the ER thinking I'm about to die (heart problem) I said, "honey I have to confess some thing to you, in case it happens I'll have come clean about what I did. " There was this rifle...."
she told me right there that the first shot out of it would be right thru my heart. I took it that she loved me and possibly the shooting sports. But time will tell.:D Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ohhh.
When I First Read Your Post, I Thought You Meant That You Spent Several Grand On A Ring--(mount)! And Thought Gee He Paid Too Much.lol.
I Guess While On This Site I Wasn't Thinking Romantically.

I Wish You The Best!!

Bernie---delmiltrucks

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1919Semi-Owner said:
If you didn't buy the ring, how much ammo or what new toys could you have bought?;)

Anyway congrats!!!!!:D
LOL.... at CURRENT market prices, well... that depends on how you are spending! Either way, I'm a HAPPY man!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats, pushing 20 years here, 2 dogs four kids, four houses, We dont add up the guns.
The only thing she asks is equal treatment, 50 cal means new piano, another 1919 something for the kids, and an occasional new van for the family taxi. Never bats an eye even as the 50 cal ammo piles up for a rainy day.
Wish you the best and hope you find what I found in my lifes partner, a true friend who stick with you no matter what.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dave

I have been married for 24 years this Oct to the same woman, and will tell you that the first 25 years are the roughest! I can't help but think how much of my non-disposable income she has disposed of! I love her dearly, but would never marry any woman again.

Say goodbye to guns, and hello to interior decorating and trips to her mother's house.

Best of luck, but keep all of your guns locked up (the ones she doesn't make you sell to buy a new livingroom set). That way, you have time to cool down before you stick a pistol in your mouth!

Jim

·
Registered
95 Posts
MSG1956

Wow you sound jaded! I'm on 10 years today, (Well of our first date anyway...We were married 3 months later, so I'ts really close to 10 years.)

3 kids, countless firearms, and TONS of good times. I would never marry again, but that's because I could not duplicate her.

She requires almost equal treatment. My .50BMG required a week long cruise to Alaska. (Not a bad deal cuz it was less than half the price, and I got to go.)

This week I got approval for a 1995 Hummer H1.

Treat them right, and tell them outdoor sports are more fun than interior decorating.

Dave S,

Congratulations. If you did it right, that is the best money you will ever spend. We do require PICS of your newest shooting buddy! (Not the ring)

Have fun, watch for the changes, and try to keep up!

Darin

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
HOLY SHEEP POOP YOUR KIDDIN ME RIGHT????

I had no idea this was for real, i got a email from Dave wanting my mailin addy and i told him i was rather weary givin it to him, not knowin what kind of deranged item may show up, then i get a link to this post.

Congrats man, i will be there to see this. I finally get to meet the woman that you talk so highly about, is the honeymoon a tent on the firin range??? Thats where me and the wife spent our 9yr anivesary (spelled wrong) last sat.

Anyhow congrats man and i will be there and hope you two the best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts