1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Translation of the photo information from Russian -

"From the pictures of the author:

Guard "In the autumn of 2012, with search and exploration in the area d.Arbuzovo, the remains of the deceased Guards Red Army, together with the remains of the deceased found the sign was found" ", the medal" For the Defense of Leningrad "with" excellent gunner. "In the meter from the dead Maxim machine gun lay system, year of 20-30 years, with straight backshell and bronze receiver.
Spoon found with the deceased. a fighter with high probability served 63Gv.S.D.
According archive HBS-Memorial, held one victim with a similar name Teterlev Vasily Pavlovich, 1918 gr Heavy Guards. sergeant, went missing between 07.22.1943 and 07.23.1943. it is possible that his surname is written with an error in the documents.
gun cover was open and the lock was missing, which was discovered 10 meters from a machine gun.
When we look at the machine, it became clear that it is made ​​from discarded rifle barrels. In the area of the chamber, and pressed in the trunks and fastened round the plate. One of the barrels was almost interrupted by shrapnel, viewed bore. On the top plate, viewed the year is unknown to me the letter code. The mechanism of the tangent unfortunately lost. "

http://vk.com/album-78267093_228028691

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice pictures. I follow ghosts of the eastern front on facebook and they post a lot of pictures like these
Follow that page myself, also add photos there from time to time. Started a Maxim page on Gun District Monday and have steadily been adding photos there, primarily WWII Russian but in time a Finnish, German and WWI section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts