1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out here in the west priority mail is taking over 10 days for a 12-18 hour drive,I had a package come from the Netherlands,it only took 6 days to get from there to San Fransico,it cleared customs on the 3rd and left the post office on the 4th and I still haven't gotten it yet,I have other packages that have been in the system for more then 10 days.
I talked to my postmaster and she told me that on monday morning there were 47 semi trucks waiting to unload at the Phoenix facility,but the plant was so backed up they couldn't.
I know we have guys from pretty much all over the country here,so how bad is your region?
Not surprised that ups and fedex are still running on time.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hit or miss depending on the load the various sorting centers are under. Even before all this mess started this year if I had packages coming through the Memphis sorting center there were times they would be hung up there one to two weeks on occasion.

We had so much trouble with our shipments going through Memphis last year that we switched almost entirely to FedEx. With their One Rate shipping it was a $1 or 2 more for small packages but at least we had confidence of them reaching our customers in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I believe something happened with the system that they aren’t telling anyone about. I went 2 separate times to my post office 10 or so days ago and both times were told the system was “down” I have 7 packages currently floating around out there for parts sold. Several were 2 day priority mail and they are now on the 8-10 day delivery range. It didn’t make any sense how they went out and the distribution centers they were sent to. Packages going to NY went to hubs in the west, that is not how it’s been in the past. I guess we’ll just chalk it up to Covid related.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I would imagine between the holiday season and the Covid-19, things will be slow again for a while. I have a package coming out of Philadelphia that was sent on 12/7 and I have no idea where it is.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thing my postmaster told me was that to save time they are not scanning packages between departure and delivery,so if something gets lost you will never know where it happened.
Why doesn't the post office hire all these people that are out of work from the restaurant industry?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Why doesn't the post office hire all these people that are out of work from the restaurant industry?
Because that would take some kind of forward planning and real leadership from the top. Unfortunately at this point the USPS is just a burden on the tax payer. Privatize the USPS!!!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I shipped a Priority FR box to NY a couple weeks ago...It got hung up in Rochester for a few days then it was shipped to the wrong PO...Then tracking said that it had been picked up by the receiver...But now tracking shows that it is in transit to God knows where....I wish someone would just read the damn address on the box and get it there.......PS ...Just checked and it is now back at Rochester. :unsure:

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's bad all around I have guys flipping s h I t that there package hasn't shipped that's because haven't received payment over 3 weeks shipping out two states away so I guess it's new normal people buying online. Now if my company worked this way we would be out of business that's why we bring subs on busy times of the year to keep up with demand. Look at it this way due to covid-19 my CEO had to call up one of are largest HVAC suppliers an threatened to drop all sales of equipment if they don't bring us 24 semi trailers of units an equipment really big contracts. So this go's to show it's going on everywhere in the country. Things are very slow. Think positive next year going to better or another 2008. Thanks China!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
It’s really bad here on the east. I am waiting on a package from Kentucky from November 15. The post master here said most first class is 30 plus days and priority mail is over 2 week. In total I have or sent over 30 packages in the past two weeks and none have arrived.
I agree with @Belt-fed101 buyers are annoyed but it’s out of my hands once I ship it.

·
11,839 Posts
When sorting machines abs other large equipment was removed a year ago, this was bound to happen. The current admin hates the usps, even though it would be profitable if not for the outrageous burden placed upon it to fund its retirement and health system so far forward.

on top of all that, you have so much more shipping right now than most years (and this is always the busy season) the system is being sooo taxed

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
It would be profitable if not for the outrageous burden placed upon it to fund its retirement and health system so far forward,
Maybe that's why Trump hates them...They have been a mess long before Trump and will continue to be long after......But , you can never miss a chance to blame Trump for something right 😉

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What other company loses millions of dollars a year and no one ever says anything!
If I had a UPS or Fedex store near me I would just use them,but the nearest of either is an a hour and a half away!

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
I shipped a Priority FR box to NY a couple weeks ago...It got hung up in Rochester for a few days then it was shipped to the wrong PO...Then tracking said that it had been picked up by the receiver...But now tracking shows that it is in transit to God knows where....I wish someone would just read the damn address on the box and get it there.......PS ...Just checked and it is now back at Rochester. :unsure:
We seem to be a black hole these days for anything inbound or out bound. I have had horrible luck with anything getting there in less than a few weeks and I only ship two day priority but then I guess the priority is mine and not necessarily theirs?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
It was those Dummy Rounds I sent to Abominog...I was a bit nerves sending them USPS to NY anyway , because I don't know the laws there...I hope the get there soon because I would hate to have to make a claim on them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The thing that really pisses me off is that I paid extra for the priority service. I called about a refund on the 7 priority packages I sent out and was told they only refund priority express. It is what it is but gets under my skin. Covid is becoming an easy excuse for poorly run businesses...

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I am experiencing the same dillusional fate here with a package floating in the same zip code for 4 days now but no info other than "it is arriving late but be assured it IS on the way". Total collapse of the delivery system......this is the second time I've experienced this non-accountable response on two different packages. What can we do??? Nothing......

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
If you get your mail, slow or not be Happy. Since June I've seen nothing but bad service. A Priority mail box from toolman only took 3 or 4 weeks to get to me. This is business mail. I hope that in the next year it gets back to it's normal pre c19 self which was not that bad. Not due to political changes, c19 caused problems. My thoughts. I've seen mail folks throw mail on the ground. Should note the person that did that was the sub for the sub for the normal mail person.
Thanks to the push on the vaccine things should start to get back to normal in the next year. Of course then there is the political changes. On mail, that should not cause too many problems to the mail service. Other than price increases to help pay for give away's.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I dropped off mail this morning I was shocked to get two packages,one shipped from upper NY on the 10th,and one shipped from Pats reloading on the 8th,there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when things get delivered,but I feel grateful I got these!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had a package shipped out of Utah in November which the vendor verified through the shipping label and tracking # and it took 4 weeks to arrive. It sat at the postal facility in Utah for over 3 weeks before it left. During the wait and inquiries at my local PO I was told I could call the Utah facility for info. I'm sure that would have been an exercise in futility.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts