1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
The flat rate boxes the post office has have been a real boon,I shipped out over 1500 pounds of lead ingots in 50 pound lots,the guy who picked up our mail at the post office wasn't too thrilled,but when they make the rules I use them.

Registered
Waiting on a fairly expensive item "receiver" from Sparks Nevada due in tomorrow priority mail "fingers crossed" & praying...

Bought J hooks on ebay 4 hours away in NJ from a distributor who shipped priority flat rate large box, took 12 days from 4 hours away, he shipped a second set and the second set arrived before the initial set not sure how FUBAR the mail system is nor why but its ugly - on my knees praying my item arrives tomorrow..

Too funny on the lead - I must have 8 5 gallon pails of WW melt downs into ingots, my wife & I cast almost exclusively back in the days of IDPA.

I see the stuff on ebay posted, the mailman must hate you gents selling that lead 馃槀

My UPS stuff is always filthy full of dust / dirt - those guys are beat dogs, I worked briefly for "Consolidated Freight" they where in same union as UPS - they would work me 12 hours a day and some days I would put in 20 hours - made decent $$ but they just beat us like UPS.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
The weirdest thing about the post office right now is they don't have the small flat rate boxes,I ordered some 2 weeks ago and they haven't arrived yet and my post office is out as well,I will ship up to 7 of them a day on good day. Since it's all ebay sales and they make you give a a shipping cost the small flat rate boxes are perfect,I don't have to scrounge around for little boxes,except I don't know when I'll get more!

Registered
I know a guy that works in the post office schlepping packages around. He says the flat-rates full of bullets (or lead and scrap metal) are the bane of his existence. ;)

Registered
Wife shipped a fruit cake to her sister for Christmas Monday from South Bend,IN to Corpus Christe,TX. Mailed it with 2-day service and cost...over $28.00. Guess what...arrived in the mail today. That's nearly 1,600 miles or so.

Premium Member
The flat rate boxes the post office has have been a real boon,I shipped out over 1500 pounds of lead ingots in 50 pound lots,the guy who picked up our mail at the post office wasn't too thrilled,but when they make the rules I use them.
Nice move Linc I once shipped 3 large flat rate game board boxes to Lucky13 and Mike at Halo when they could not get metal for side plates out West. Each box weighed 69.58 lb. Boy were they pissed at me but 70lb. limit and if it fits it ships lol

BeltFed GURU
Try 7,000 50 cal. AP slugs from Pat`s in 5 Priority boxes ,they just left a note had to go pick them up !! At least they lent me a hand cart to wheel the stack out to my truck !!

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
After the first couple of boxes I would just pull up to the back door and knock,they have a heavy shelf back there to stack packages on,that way the guy picking up mail didn't have to pick them up from the floor.

Registered
Well , things must really be getting tough . I just received a bill from UPS for $18.90 today . Remember when I said I had not shipped from my store's UPS station in years a few posts up ? Well , Cereus Graphics in Phoenix , AZ . ( whom I've never heard of ) sent Steve Duarte in San Tan Valley , AZ ( whom I've also never heard of or the city for that matter ) a package on 12/04/2020 , AND WANTS ME TO PAY FOR IT !!!!
Unbelievable .
Chris

Registered
OOOOPS......somebody put your # in by mistake?? [hopefully it was a mistake and not a hack of some sort]

Registered
I ordered a set of tale light connector plates for my 90 GMC pickup from RockAuto over 2 weeks ago....Was to be delivered last monday ...Tracking says it's been paid for but they have no idea where it's at...Tracking message has not changed in over a week.

Registered
Discussion Starter #54
The one line in that article probably has more to do with this problem then all the rest together "liberal COVID Leave policy" Which means they don't have to go to work and still get paid,I was told this recently by a postmaster in California while trying to find a package,he said as long as they are "afraid of the work condition" they don't have to work,and if you have ever seen the majority of postal worker you can easily understand this.

Registered
I sent a book to a friend 20 miles away. The package is now in Pittsburgh, PA- 300 miles away. Go USPS!

Registered
I sent a medium flat rate box to Delaware and it went through Hawaii!
Yea something is seriously wrong. I had a package sent to Colorado and it鈥檚 been in Denver 3 days. I looked this morning and it left Springfield MA, it was so close!!!! Maybe the USPS was part of the SolarWinds hack and now the system is fubar.

Registered
Discussion Starter #58
That is worst thing,to be watching a package and you figure it should be there the next day and it ends up going the wrong direction. Frankly the system has been FUBAR for a long time! It's run by the government,show me something run by them that isn't screwed up!

Registered
Yup USPS has problems, I鈥檓 on west coast evererthing I get from east takes forever, but so far ship and received out west has been on time, got some taps and dies coming from Amazon supposed to be here on 23trhd we shall see need for Fal build, sent 1919 for park job to Washington it made it on time that was specified so can鈥檛 complain to muc.

Registered
I sent a book to a friend 20 miles away. The package is now in Pittsburgh, PA- 300 miles away. Go USPS!
My m60 receiver from Desert Ord priority mail was due for delivery on Friday the 18th never scanned again since departure scan in Reno NV on the 14th I am slightly concerned although they are saying they are 4 days plus behind at post office. Trying to be optimistic I have never seen USPS so bad as they been this last year hope this gets resolved.

December 14, 2020, 6:48 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Happy Holidays everyone

41 - 60 of 73 Posts