1919 A4 Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Moms christmas present hasnt come in yet......how am I going to look her in the face and blame the postal system! :cry:

Ive stopped looking at tracking numbers, it just infuriates me. If anything elase, this holiday season is teaching me some patience. Ive gotten so used to 3 and 4 day shipping. Remember when we were kids and we'd send in box tops or whatever points? Who remembers reading the fine print 'item will take 6-8 weeks for processing'? I guess thats what we are back too. Happy Holidays guys. It will all sort itself out.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I can't speak for USPS but I work for a major overnight shipper. We are completely overwhelmed, we don't have enough aircraft for all the freight. Years ago I worked in the sort hub and it was grueling then, I can't imagine whats it like now. Thank the Lord I work in a hanger now and don't handle the packages. There has been more aircraft damage lately also because workers have been rushing to get the job done. All I got to say is please be patient, I am not getting all my gifts for my family for Christmas either. This year has been one of the worse years I can remember, and too top it off I just had a brother kill himself a couple weeks ago. Made me realize it's not about presents or material things but about family and friends and for me especially being a Christian. Hope you all have have a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays

·
Registered
6 Posts
December 14th Desert Ord shipped my receiver, it finally showed up today Jan 6th it was due the 18th - the postal system is my go to shipper but in the last year they are just beat dogs, no seasonal help no overtime, I hope under the new administration things go back as they once had been for them, its sad to see them fail so badly.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season, I came down with a fever on Christmas eve along with body ache - just starting to get over it now, my older boy is very sick now, going to be tested tomorrow pretty certain we acquired covid for Christmas too :sick: 2020 a year to remember.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I had multiple parcels and first class letters take a month to get to me or other destinations or never make it at all.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I had an order with Rock Auto ship out on the 14th from Cleveland, Ohio to Columbus , Ohio... It showed up on the 4th...Good thing it was not a part I needed right away.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Just got two priority envelopes one from Wisconsin and one from California which took 9 and 11 days to get here. I got one box yesterday that been been one the way for over a month!

Reactions: master22nl

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Just got two priority envelopes one from Wisconsin and one from California which took 9 and 11 days to get here. I got one box yesterday that been been one the way for over a month!
Russ i shipped a dozen of boxes end of november, went out of us customs december 10th up to december 24th. After that.... nothing moved, tracking keeps saying out of customs .. boxes go across the pond in 4 to 5 days after dropping them of at the postoffice here, so yea, you can say USPS is as slow as a turtle

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I can sleep now, my 1942 Mg42 kit escaped PO custody.

my BRP package is still in GA. Probably trapped a crate with a couple thousand votes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yup shipping suck, have a USPS lost in system from OK city, and package from Apex shown on truck 2 days in a row then back at depot both days received texts and emails would be delivered but nope, maybe need to do road trips and pick up in the future the system is failing big time. But Can say parts from Numrich did show day early go figure so did blanks from another member. Frustrated.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I've had several USPS pkgs floating around since early Dec. Most eventually made it but today marks 1 month I sent return to CPO in Atlanta - 100mi away! Was marked "No Access to Delivery Location" Sat 1/2 but hasn't moved since. Recent pkgs seem to be moving fine but there must still be trailers/buildings sitting full of stuff that maybe they'll get to when they feel like it, or maybe they won't. USPS is a joke.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try having 18 packages lost somewhere that are getting delivered to me. Bill's are Late F#$%*×n property TAXES went up. Thanks USA!!! You F U C K the working class !!!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts