1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1942 Jacobsen 1918 belt loader. I think it is still set up for 30-06.
What do I need to do to convert it to .308?
What parts are needed?
Where can they be had?

Its steel and there is no box. I found it at a garage sale believe it or not.
Not gonna tell how much I paid either. Picked up a few other war relics too. :)
'Bout time I got lucky too as living in IL sucks for gun deals. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
M1918 Browning Belt Filler

My thanks to 30calmachinegunner for the plug.... I offer a manual and a replica box for the belt loader. See the threads in the 'belt loader' section. Lots of good info and pics from M1918 owners. Also look at the old threads for a diagram of the M1918 and it also identifies all the parts. I've expanded upon this with a functional description and nomenclature for all the parts and have it blown up and part #'s in my owners manual. Have made several new parts and am selling them to restore the M1918's. Please advise what you may need......Enjoy.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I have one of the boxes and manuals on the way already.
What I need is to make it usable for .308.

I will let you know when I read the manual.
Thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have one of Len's 1918 loader boxes and it closely replicates the original box. It's a bargain at $45.

I am also waiting on the 1918 loader .308 conversion from Ohio Ordinance Works. Last time I spoke to them it was about 2 weeks ago, and they said they were having them made and it would be about a month before they were ready. I believe the price is about $85.

I have seen numerous posts that the 1918 .308 conversion from Sarco doesn't fit or work properly. I'd stay away from this one.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
M1918 chest

Thank you for the plug,Strat.....will have some of the .308 and 30/06 cartridge pushers by next week(?). They will be about $45.00 +$5 HIS. As for the guide adaptor....not sure it is really needed. Someone advise....haven't loaded .308 for awhile....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have my box soon. :)

I am on the waiting list at OOW but would buy Len's .308 converter if it is all I need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts