1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
One thing I would like to point out that might be problematic. They are claiming this is german surplus which would be 7.62x51, not .308

If this is indeed .308 you might have some issues feeding in a browning unless you adjust a cartridge guide for it.

.45 a round doesnt sound bad pricewise, if I had the funds I would snag a case for my other toys that are not as finicky

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I run away when i see Berdan primed. But then i reload. Sgammo is a great company and i see this ammo has good reviews. So, if you don't reload might be a good buy.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I agree. The price is OK, but that stuff has had the headstamp ground off. I don't know if that might affect anything but if you pay a few cents more you can get Boxer primed ammo, and if you don't reload, the brass will bring about .12 - .15 each. I'm with Karl T and try not to buy anything Berdan primed since it just goes into the scrap bucket at the end of the day. This is repacked surplus ammo and it might be of questionable quality.

unammo.com has ZQI brass cased/boxer primed for .50 per round, or .54 per round shipped to the lower 48. That's only .08 more per round and it's definitely good ammo. I've shot a ton of ZQI and it's great brass for reloading and will fetch a good price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you look on the SGAmmo 7.62x51 menu, you can find prvi and Men from $.50 to $.54 per round in battle packs. I had also seen the stuff you were looking at and decided that the savings didn't justify the "unknowns" in this case. YMMV

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback all. I'm brand new to 1919's, mine should be arriving at the FFL next week.

I don't reload currently, but hope to move to a place in the near future where I'll have room for a reloading setup, so yeah, I'm interested in saving brass for future reloading.

I think I'll just buy a box of 20 of this AM2030 to test it out, and get several hundred rounds of privi as a "sure thing".

·
Registered
31 Posts
With a 1919, a couple hundred rounds will last you all of 10 seconds. Ha!:)

Happy shooting and have a good long weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts