1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative sir, not for sale. I am not sure I could get the $4500.00 I have invested.
Thanks anyway M.McCurry

·
Legendary Donor
2,491 Posts
While it appears that something didn't fit up quite right where the right sideplate fits up to the trunnion unless it just bugs the hell out of you I probably wouldn't worry about it. It sounds as though you would need someone to fix it and they may make it worse(it can happen). If your up to doing it yourself that might be a different matter, $20 or so for a set of rivets and a new park job. That area is pretty strong especially with the larger trunnion rivets, now if that was anywhere near the backplate I'd repair it immediately.

I guess what I'm saying it depends how much it bugs you and how much your willing to spend to fix it. I'm pretty sure you can get your money back out of it though, was that an actual DLO build or was it a build by someone using a DLO plate?

PS: tell Rory To him you'll sacrifice it for $20,000

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
.....depends...

Unless the front rivet actually broke,might be able to pound it back in place and re-set the rivet. Did it with one of the large rivets after a build. If necessary,you could drill out the rivet and replace it. Hope that works....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While it appears that something didn't fit up quite right where the right sideplate fits up to the trunnion unless it just bugs the hell out of you I probably wouldn't worry about it. It sounds as though you would need someone to fix it and they may make it worse(it can happen). If your up to doing it yourself that might be a different matter, $20 or so for a set of rivets and a new park job. That area is pretty strong especially with the larger trunnion rivets, now if that was anywhere near the backplate I'd repair it immediately.

I guess what I'm saying it depends how much it bugs you and how much your willing to spend to fix it. I'm pretty sure you can get your money back out of it though, was that an actual DLO build or was it a build by someone using a DLO plate?

PS: tell Rory To him you'll sacrifice it for $20,000
No sir it really don't bug me. I do not have the tools to repair and repark or I probably would. As long as it will not cause problems then I will leave it alone.
It is not a actual DLO build I think it was built by Kent Lomont but not 100% sure. I have had it for almost 20 years and as long as I do my part It has ran perfect every time, no major issues. I have replaced small parts that have broke but that's it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
All the re-riveting in the world isn't going to totally close up the gaps created by the fact that the Right Plate wasn't manufactured to the same specs as the Left Plate was. Its slightly shorter and doesn't fit the groove tightly in the trunnion. I don't think its coming loose...as much as it never was a proper fit. If you're really curious as to whether DLO built the weapon....give Doug a "call" and ask him. He only communicates by telephone. I think you should just keep shooting...and keep enjoying it.

TiredIron

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Only question is do the parts MOVE? Meaning are they loose in any way? If loose at all, STOP shooting and go visit Doug. If not, and EVERYTHING is tight, go ahead and enjoy the whatzat out of it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Call Doug Offinger and see what he says about it. He may repair it for nothing. He stands behind his stuff 100%. just my .02.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only question is do the parts MOVE? Meaning are they loose in any way? If loose at all, STOP shooting and go visit Doug. If not, and EVERYTHING is tight, go ahead and enjoy the whatzat out of it.
No sir nothing is loose and there is no movement in parts.
I really do not think this is a DLO build it don't have the chrome platted trunnion like the other DLOs I have seen. I do not know if all DLO builds have the chrome platted trunnions or not, but all the ones I have seen have it. I may call Doug anyway, will someone please send me his number.
Thanks guys, everyone on this forum is so informative. I will continue to shoot it and just keep an eye on it to make sure it don't get worse. It just looks bad but runs good and for me that's better than looking good and not running.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My DLO 1919A4 (86701xx)is a non chrome truniun built by DLO. It looks very much like your. All rivets are tight except the 3 holding the rear site bracket on. Those are very loose and the hole assy wiggles. No big deal, I would never think it was unsafe. It runs like a top. My DLO M-37 (234xx) has a chrome truniun. My DLO 1917A1 (2354xx) has a non chrome truniun. I contacted Doug a few years ago about them and he sent me all the info he had about them and original reg. dates. I don't think I have his contact info any more but I'll look tonight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gap in sideplate

The side plates simply keep the internals from falling on the ground. The real pressure is held by the barrel extension and the bolt being locked together. As long as the side plates are not loose the gun should be safe to shoot.
My DLO has at least as many rounds as yours and is still going strong.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No sir nothing is loose and there is no movement in parts.
I really do not think this is a DLO build it don't have the chrome platted trunnion like the other DLOs I have seen. I do not know if all DLO builds have the chrome platted trunnions or not, but all the ones I have seen have it. I may call Doug anyway, will someone please send me his number.
Thanks guys, everyone on this forum is so informative. I will continue to shoot it and just keep an eye on it to make sure it don't get worse. It just looks bad but runs good and for me that's better than looking good and not running.
Bought and sold over 30 DLO A/C guns and none of them ever had chrome trunnions, for that matter I have bought all his kits he used to build 1919's now and none of those kits had chromed trunnions.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
,This post is not about trunnions just looking for some friendly advice

Damn sir are you busting my balls or what. You have obviously seen more than me, but the 2 or 3 other DLOs I have seen and shot have had chrome trunnions. and several years ago one of the guys that owned one (Steve B.) told me they all had chrome trunnions. He said he got it from Doug. LOOKS LIKE I GOT BAD INFORMATION. But like I said this post was not about trunnions, just looking for some friendly advice from some of my beltfed brothers.
M.McCurry

·
Legendary Donor
2,491 Posts
He likes busting balls, very early any two guns were built the same, there are so many different parts out there builders used what they had handy, they didn't go around matching things up unless someone payed a hefty premium. There for awhile there were a lot of chrome trunnions floating around, but then again there were a lot of 1919 kits still out there then too.

Enjoy your gun

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He likes busting balls, very early any two guns were built the same, there are so many different parts out there builders used what they had handy, they didn't go around matching things up unless someone payed a hefty premium. There for awhile there were a lot of chrome trunnions floating around, but then again there were a lot of 1919 kits still out there then too.

Enjoy your gun
Thank you sir,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts