1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a 30-06 feed pawl? My 1919 is cambered in 7.62x51, however, I cannot get the feed pawl arm to drop behind the link to save my life! It’s always resting on top of link, therefore will not feed/cycle the next round. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You want the one on the left. You have the one on the right. But it's not just the pawl that needs to be replaced, it's the feed pawl slide and the topcover that are both milled out to accommodate the 7.62/.308 pawl.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Sarco has everything you need including the modified top covers. Complete izzy top covers are about 125.00 last I knew.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Not all "builders" get the difference. I have repaired a couple of semi 1919a4s that were home built by persons with a mix of parts . Generally speaking, the guns did not work in the caliber built in ( 308 in both ) The reason being the use of 30 cal top covers, trunnions, cartridge stops etc. So just because it was built that way does not mean the gun really ran that way.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Sarco has everything you need including the modified top covers. Complete izzy top covers are about 125.00 last I knew.
Where is paintmanmatt? Is he still selling complete topcovers? Would rather see the business go to a forum member than SUCKO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not all "builders" get the difference. I have repaired a couple of semi 1919a4s that were home built by persons with a mix of parts . Generally speaking, the guns did not work in the caliber built in ( 308 in both ) The reason being the use of 30 cal top covers, trunnions, cartridge stops etc. So just because it was built that way does not mean the gun really ran that way.
I have a complete 7.62 top cover assembly coming tomorrow. I also discovered there was no rear 7.62 cartridge guide installed. Hopefully with these parts in place, it’ll run like a champ

·
BeltFed GURU
4,277 Posts
HA!! Pictures tell the tale !! despite what i pm`ed they have you headed in the right direction !!

The pawl and lack of left rear guide is major .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts