1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I second the comment that Lyndon builds a superb Bren. I have a Kiwi MKI build that is absolutely top notch. I concur that Lyndon's business practices are perhaps some of the best. But, I sent my MKII kit to Kiwi in Novermber 2018 and am still waiting.
Yeah, he’s really backed up. He started his own gun shop (a pretty nice place) and is doing so well he’s in the process of building an indoor shooting range next door. And he’s still doing builds on everything from AK’s to Vickers to custom hunting rifles and everything in-between. I iust talked to him on when his next mg42 run is and he said “maybe” late next year. I can only get down to see him on Saturdays; I get there before he opens up and there is always a line. I’m glad he’s having the success he has, but do miss the old days when he was working out of his garage. There was still a wait, but I don’t remember them being this long. But as the saying goes, you can have it done fast or you can have it done right. And his stuff works. And I’m glad to see any gun business do well in here (California).

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Yeah, he’s really backed up. He started his own gun shop (a pretty nice place) and is doing so well he’s in the process of building an indoor shooting range next door. And he’s still doing builds on everything from AK’s to Vickers to custom hunting rifles and everything in-between. I iust talked to him on when his next mg42 run is and he said “maybe” late next year. I can only get down to see him on Saturdays; I get there before he opens up and there is always a line. I’m glad he’s having the success he has, but do miss the old days when he was working out of his garage. There was still a wait, but I don’t remember them being this long. But as the saying goes, you can have it done fast or you can have it done right. And his stuff works. And I’m glad to see any gun business do well in here (California).
Bob, there are a few of us that got hosed by folks like Sam and Lonnie. Given this history, we have reason to be concerned about losing our parts and/or money. Lyndon used to reply to inquiries. In the last months he stopped. When you see him the next time, please tell him that the silence is concerning. Two years is plenty of time to do it right.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I believe Dennis at Midwest Metal Creations still does Bren builds and would be another builder with an outstanding reputation and customer service.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I’m not going to be down there for a while. As an aside, I did have a project guns RPD I had to take in to him a while back that kept going FA on me. I dropped it off and it was a year to get it back. But what are you going to do? It’s hard to find people that can work on these toys of ours, especially here in The People’s Republic of California, plus I have other things I can play with that do just as good a job of turning money into smoke.
When I email him I get a pretty fast response, but I do use the email address on his store’s “contact us” page. I’m sure that is monitored daily. Have you tried it?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts