1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who missed the post on Subguns, here is the link to the article on the Austin Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2015/04/29/north-texas-ammunition-maker-moving-hq-to.html

North Texas ammunition maker moving HQ to Pflugerville

The Austin area continues to attract gun-related companies, particularly Pflugerville, which announced Wednesday that Precision Ammunition will move its corporate headquarters to the city from North Texas.

Two years ago TrackingPoint Inc, an applied technology company in the firearms industry, relocated to Pflugerville from nearby Austin.
Floyd Akers, executive director of the PCDC, said Precision is interested in building “synergies” with other sporting weapons companies in the area.
Pflugerville isn’t the only locale to attract the gun industry.

Last December Magpul Industries Corp., a firearms accessories manufacturer, announced it was moving its corporate headquarters to West Austin primarily in protest to stricter gun laws in Colorado where it was founded.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
And this is why I love Texas!!!!
They don't mess around.:D
CaptMax

·
Registered
330 Posts
There is a pretty decent little network of gun companies/gun builders in the area and more coming.. Tripp, McCormick, STI, Larue, Dawson, Underground Tactical, Whiskey Arms, Jesee James, Hayes, Oehler, Magpul, TrackingPoint, .... Crankfire is an hour up the road (in Texas, that is 'close by') and I'm sure there are lots of others I forgot or don't know about yet.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I just got back from Austin this Monday. I had spent five days there as a relative was getting married near there. We stayed in a nice rental house in the north part of town. My brother and sister in law live there and my sister in law said it never rains there. But it rained every day as I recall but mostly at night. Unfortunately I got to see nothing of Austin except the expressway as the time was taken up with relatives, driving from place to place and the wedding dinner and ceremony. Then on Monday we had to drive all the way to Dallas to catch our flight to Minnesota. Too bad I really wanted to see the town again as it had been about twenty year since I was there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be in both Austin and Dallas next week and it likely won't be my last trip to Texas this year. At some point it'd be fun to hook up with 1919a4.com members living in those areas.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Dallas is a good town despite what you hear. My family has been here since 1900 in one case and 1939 in the other. I live in actual Dallas, not a suburb. Always a good time if you want it. J

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I got a tour of the first TrackingPoint facility when it was in Austin. Had a little range time with them too, which was pretty fun. But Austin is only about 100 miles from where my China Spring property is, and I am going to end up there eventually. Trying to figure out what it's going to cost me to move and how long I would be down for. That's gonna take some planning!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Texas

The other night on the Phoenix FOX news broadcast they had a map of the US and each state was labeled for the think it was known for more then any other state and Texas was supposed to have more machine guns then any other state! And you wonder why jade helm is coming!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Keep in mind it is also been courting the music scene for a while with a big festival every year. I have freinds who are helping move a professional music studio from Philly down there in the next couple months. Consider the impact of transplant coming into Houston as well.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Armorer SEZ: ".... all the way to Dallas ....

195 miles. That's only a "fair bit in Texas!"

(When you're in El Paso you're closer to the Pacific Ocean than you are to Houston.)

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The other night on the Phoenix FOX news broadcast they had a map of the US and each state was labeled for the think it was known for more then any other state and Texas was supposed to have more machine guns then any other state! And you wonder why jade helm is coming!
Well that would be pure conjecture since there is no way to verify that claim. Although it's probably true.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think they meant registered machine guns, the unregistered one would be anyones guess!
Still no way they can determine how many are registered in Texas or any other state. The BATFE does not release that information since it is considered private tax info and therefore exempt from FOIA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts