1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate any info about these. I got a bug up my a$$ and would really like to give this one a try. If I could find one with the barrel muzzle threaded, I have the perfect suppressor to attach to it.

I already have .22lr conversions for the following full auto weapons:
1). MP5 (an HK and a Fleming)
2). HK G3
3). HK 33
4). L1A1
5). 1928A1 Thompson (BDM configured by PK)
6). Vector Uzi
7). Colt M16A1 (Rick Kuehl)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I have two Thompsons and two ARs set up for .22LR .
They are a lot of fun , but they are not beltfeds . Loading the belts ( watch some u-tubes on it ) would be a joy kill for me .
Now if I had some kids or other slave labor , then I might look at it differently .
Hey Len ! How about a .22 belt loader ?

Chris

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two Thompsons and two ARs set up for .22LR .
They are a lot of fun , but they are not beltfeds . Loading the belts ( watch some u-tubes on it ) would be a joy kill for me
Now if I had some kids or other slave labor , then I might look at it differently .
Hey Len ! How about a .22 belt loader ?
Chris
I also have an LM7 upper receiver. I shoot it with both links and belts. I got loaders from Lakeside Machine when I got that upper. Belt and link loading is a snap. I would be fabulous if I could find a '17A1 .22lr conversion that would accept these Lakeside Machine belts and links.

·
11,524 Posts
The conversion will not take the lakeside belts

@Shattered really got his 22lr conversion for the 1919a4running well. It was like a sewing machine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have one in my 1917A1 and it works well. Its a pain to put the belts together the first time but after that not too bad. Cheap shooting and lots of fun!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Dan I have the M3, M4 and M5 conversions for the Browning's and I enjoy them although I have not used the M5 yet that project is going on the bench next year so it will be ready for the grandkids. I helped Curt Wolf with his M3 conversion (1917A1) but I am not sure he ever got a chance to play with it? The belts are not to bad but having multople belts sure helps so you can have a bunch preloaded for a range trip. Let me know if I can help. Russ

·
Registered
298 Posts
Which bolt was modified for the 1919 conversion to 22 lr. I would assume the firing pin hole wes offset for the rimfire, cartridge and a lot of weight was removed to lower the moving mass.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The original bolts after Carbine Williams designed it were converted from 1918 aircraft 30 cal and once those were gone they had Buffalo Arms making all; the parts and they lightened regular 1919A4 bolts but severely so they are quite unique. I have both examples and had posted pictures somewhere on the board but it has been a while.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I bet your fingers are sore 😎 how long did that take?

Reactions: theduke

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
In the last several years I have been real big into the .22LR conversions. I have the M3 and M4 and developed ones for the M37 and C5A1 guns. I was in the process of working on kits for the M1919A6 so that I can use the original A6 bipod. Also one for my semi-auto MG42 and M1910 Maxim gun. Those ones are on hold until after all of the COVID crisis is over so I will have time to work on them.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Holy ****. That’s soooo many 22 cartridge adapters!
You have to have them if you are going to have a good range day because they are a pain to load. I figured it took some tome for him to load that many, ask me how I know. Nice set up Frank.

Reactions: theduke

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
As a side note: Please note that the C5A1 is not using the regular belt and cartridge adapter and adapterc-clip. They are just the cartridge holder and the M13 links. The only extra thing I had to do was make sure there was no rough machining marks on the cartridge holders and no burrs on the M13 links to slow down the feeding of the belts.

On my M3 and M4 belts I use both metallic links and cloth belts. I find the cloth belts are easier on the guns. To load the belts I use a metal cross bar on my regular metaliic link loader. Lay the belt with cartridge adapters and adapter links onto the linker and ease the loaded cartridge holders into the belt. I usually take the extra loaded cartridge holders to the range and let the other folks load the belts if they want to shoot the guns. I had one guy who did not want to shoot the gun he just wanted to load the belts. Go figure!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got the .22lr conversion for my 1919a4 but have yet to get everything assembled...let alone fire it. :( I wish I would have bought more of the cartridge adapters when Sarco had them as I'm pretty much stuck with how many I have now...which is a major bummer. Glad to see there is so many others with this conversion as I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as things progress.

·
Registered
658 Posts
There are adapters and other parts available yet..apex, numrich and sarco have stuff but none of it is cheap. A full belt is north of 1000 bucks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts