1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some mods to the beltfed yesterday and was gonna take it and the rest of the MG's out to play for the day. Got out there, set up the tripod put in a 250 rnd belt and shot 100 rnds, by then the sweat was runnin off me like i had a water hose runnin down my back. Without sayin a word to anyone there i pulled the belt out, put it in the can, folded the tripod, threw it all in the back of the truck, started it up and turned on the AC and told everyone to get in its time to go home. For once no one complained. Am i just gettin old, or have i grown out of my dedication to the cause? Either way i had enough, and i aint goin back out there today either. Its HOT! Call me when its fall, i will come out to play then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You Bet

Over 85 deg out east for the past week. Yesterday was a mild 95 deg. I had no chance to pack up and go home though. Had to stay for the entire IPSC match. Staying INSIDE today. It is hotter than yesterday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
in the CA desert, it was 111 on Saturday and 108 on Sunday, the guns get too hot to touch. I'm concerned for the CA desert shoot this weekend.

Dave

·
Registered
944 Posts
I was shooting at an indoor range Sunday in Memphis. No AC, but it has industrial fans.

I was sweating so hard I could hardly see to shoot. I could not keep my face wiped and my glasses were running with sweat.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here Cpt K, my glasses get to rollin with sweat and everythings blurry it just pisses me off so instead of dealin with it i went home. Its 104 out, dont know what the heat index is but its too hot for me. There has been times like this where i sit in the livin room or basement with back door open and shoot threw the open doors but im not lettin all the wonderful 76 degree air in here go out there

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
How hot?

How hot was it at Bullitfest this weekend..I did not get to make it because I went to go see Ted Nugent..Did not get to see any shooting but he did have a bunch of gun's on the stage..The best was a 50ma with belt.

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
Gettn Wimpy

Nah; Your just getting all wimpy!:D I didn't hear ya complaining of the heat in that old car with no AC!!:rolleyes:
Anyway, glad the old girl is back together and tightened up! It was kind of fun beating on her.:p
BA

·
Registered
259 Posts
it is 110-116 here in sunny southern Nevada. Luckily the humidity is only 9-17%. Forecast today is 108 and chance of thunderstorms. You don't get a chance sweat here - it evaporates too fast:D

Now think about the guys ,and gals in Iraq in full battle dress,packing guns,gear,and other stuff in 120 degree weather.

·
Registered
434 Posts
BAH I tell you! 108 degrees when I was shooting the 1919 in Mojave and it was fine; I wasn't, but the gun was.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hey D8,while you were in the air sunday I was in the studio finishing the girls tripod.And of course it has lotssssss of charecter.I weld as abouty as good as i can type,wait and see:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ptmetals

Here in sunny hot and humid Fla you can sweat buckets just loading the truck to go out. I know 92-93 doesn't sound as hot as other places but throw 97.8 humidy after a small shower with dead air movement and you have instant convection oven. I'll take 4 seasons over one.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
You're gettin' old -- but it beats the alternative !!!! Another 20 degrees and it'd be JUST RIGHT!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wayne ya big *****! Oooohhh...it's too hot to shoot! What, afraid you're gonna soak your panties?:D I guess it'll be too hot for you in Oklahoma next summer too:eek: .....just givin ya some **** bro. Yeah, when it gets hot like its been, I don't go either. We went to the range Saturday to BBQ and do some fireworks and I was sweatin laike a whore in church. I'll be glad when this spell breaks. Want to get the 1919 set up in 8mm and see how she runs. How's the '16 doin?
Steve

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeff, you da man! The girls are gonna luv it, charecter and all. i havent told them its comin, let them find out when yall bring it. you are a little nuts to be messin with anything in that garage in this heat, ill say to the dogs "Who needs to go outside" and usually they knock me down to get out, now they look at me like im nuts, i have to make them go out and then they are right back to the door wantin in.

Steve, you cant talk, i have seen you in the heat, layin in the bed of the truck, whinin cause "I feel like poop!" As far as my panties bein soaked, i havent wore any since 6th grade Now as far as too hot for OK, NEVER, im always up to that kind of event, heat, cold, rain sleet or whatever! The 16 is good to go, when ya go to get the 19 runnin in 8mm let me know ill go out there with ya. Gives me a excuse to go to that range again and that place is cool! Me and Brian took the back rivets out of my 19 on sun and replaced them with new ones, Thanks Brian, then i got to take a ride in the POR-SCHE you have to say it in 2 sylables otherwise he gets pissed "I didnt pay that kind of $$$$ for people to say it in one sylable, its 2!" HA First time i really got to sit in a sports car other then a vette once, the POR-SCHE (2 sylables) will absolutly THROW you in the seat and make you take notice....and appreciate good brakes. I bet i left a foot imprint in the passenger side floor board. 140 MPH down the interstate WOW!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh Paleeaasee Wayne, Jeff and I built a damn room addition out in this heat. What's the big deal? Oh wait, I forgot we quit early yesterday because of the high temps.;)

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
That's why we only hold two shoots a year down here and neither are in the summer. I hate air-swimming to the range...takes all the fun out of it.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First off, dave, you and Jeff are used to this heat more so then i, you all work in it, i dont. Second, i couldnt build a dog house moreless a room addition. I shut the breakers off to change a light bulb, and i only do that when the wife isnt around, usually i make her do it. I dont plan on bein in the heat anymore then i have to, and i dont have to. HA

I usually have several shoots durin the summer, smaller ones, i hold my big ones in spring and fall so we dont have to deal with this kind of stuff. Its hot and muggy, makes for a miserable day, ecspecially on the range.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts