1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Not saying it aint hot out west cause it is, but Ive been in Texas on 110 degree days and it doesnt hold a candle to a 95 degree day here in VA when the humidity is high. The last couple of days it has been so hot and humid, I cant walk from my truck to a cell site (about 50 feet) without pouring sweat. Dry heat is one thing I dont mind that, its humidy that makes me run for AC. I just cant wait for this humid week to end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
fal_762x51 said:
BAH I tell you! 108 degrees when I was shooting the 1919 in Mojave and it was fine; I wasn't, but the gun was.
Yeah, but as they say, "It's a dry heat".

In Memphis, if you get thirsty, you can just drink the air! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
robo4642 said:
Not saying it aint hot out west cause it is, but Ive been in Texas on 110 degree days and it doesnt hold a candle to a 95 degree day here in VA when the humidity is high. The last couple of days it has been so hot and humid, I cant walk from my truck to a cell site (about 50 feet) without pouring sweat. Dry heat is one thing I dont mind that, its humidy that makes me run for AC. I just cant wait for this humid week to end.
you got that right robo4642! What part of VA are you at?
I sat in traffic Monday on I-64 (Va Beach/Chesapeake) for an hour and a half on my bike in what must have been 110 w/ the heat index & humidity. Overturned tractor-trailer had my scoot around 220-230 degrees just pumpin' the heat out of the fairings when the fan cycled. I thought my nards were gonna get cooked:eek:
mcj600
 

·
Master Window Licker
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thats funny, cooked mountain oysters on the interstate, makes me feel like im lucky to have to deal with what i have.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,504 Posts
It's so humid down here we got plants that grow in the air and never need watering and all the birds got webbed feet and a dorsal fin so they can fly thru the moisture. I actually seen an alligator floatin' two feet above the lake yesterday...had to push him back down with a stick so he wouldn't eat any dogs. Out west you can make sun tea by putting a jug of water and a few tea bags out on the back porch, here we just set the jug and tea bags out...the water gets added automatically. Florida and south Texas have one thing in common, if you stand still too long you'll get moldy. It's so humid here, on a clear day you can see your feet and airplane altemeters don't work because they can't register sea level. Ducks have to fly north in the summer because they'll drown if they stay here. Florida either had to outlaw women wearing T-shirts or repeal the law prohibiting wet T-shirt contests. To wash your dog you just spray him down with detergent and let him run around the yard once. You can only use a shammy cloth one time and then you have to throw it away. Home Depot's in Florida sell a special lawn mower blade for cutting seaweed lawns and the lumber reads off the moisture content scale. You have to put screens on aquariums or the goldfish will jump out and swim away. We don't have any frogs, they never get beyond the tadpole stage. If you paint a car here you have to ship it out of state to dry. Here in Florida you don't take a drivers test, you take the power boating course to get a license and your vehicle has to be inspected by the Coast Guard to make sure you have life jackets and flares onboard. We only have two cops in Florida, the rest are Marine Patrol officers. All children under five years of age or less than 50 pounds are required to wear weight belts so they don't float away. It's always high tide. Rain gages don't work. Tire pressure gages read in fathoms instead of psi. The mosquitos have gills. To parkerize a 1919 we have to put ice cubes in the park solution to cool it down to 190 degrees.

Really, it's all true...I wouldn't lie to you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,503 Posts
I gotta say... I work outside for 12 hours a day here in good 'ol St. Louis, Mo... The guys that brag about the 11x degree temps ain't got crap on a 101 degree day with 99% humidity. The heat index reads into the 120's with that case... Staying dry? Forget it. It is so bad this week at work that I WON'T go inside where it's A/C while I'm on the clock... I would quit on the spot before returning to work!

Yeah... I claim "Too hot to shoot" too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
...eh...excuse me....

WAS I TOO HOT FOR PICTURES?

I'm sorry. Doesn't anyone have some pix of Bulletfest, pleeeeease?
 

·
Master Window Licker
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dave S said:
I gotta say... I work outside for 12 hours a day here in good 'ol St. Louis, Mo... The guys that brag about the 11x degree temps ain't got crap on a 101 degree day with 99% humidity. The heat index reads into the 120's with that case... Staying dry? Forget it. It is so bad this week at work that I WON'T go inside where it's A/C while I'm on the clock... I would quit on the spot before returning to work!

Yeah... I claim "Too hot to shoot" too.

TRUE DAT, HOMEY.....TRUE DAT!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Waaaaa its too hot outside to shoot. Try 115 in Phoenix or better yet, ask our boys and girls over in the big sand box if its to hot to shoot. Shhhhhhh. Do not cry about the heat, our troops in harms way are not crying about it. Yes I know that it is hot, but just think what they are going thru. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
hell ya!

Hell ya its in the 100s down here but i cant imagin how bad its going o be here soon for me when i get my turn in the sandbox.
Jason D
USAF
 

·
Master Window Licker
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Be carefull in the sandbox, make sure you come back with all limbs still in workin order and let us hear some stories! When ya headin out?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,503 Posts
cfe738 said:
Waaaaa its too hot outside to shoot. Try 115 in Phoenix or better yet, ask our boys and girls over in the big sand box if its to hot to shoot. Shhhhhhh. Do not cry about the heat, our troops in harms way are not crying about it. Yes I know that it is hot, but just think what they are going thru. :eek:

Hmmm... I reckon that means that my 2 tours in Saudi / Kuwait in 1992, and 2 tours on the equator in Somalia in 1993 don't count? I know what "Hot" is... That ain't it. Saudi, Dharan (sp?) was mildly humid, but Kuwait wasn't bad, nor was Somalia... there was little to no humidity.

I'd rather be in 115-120 degree DRY heat than 100 degree/95% humidity. MAJOR different feeling!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,504 Posts
Arizona heat ain't heat. I've been in that dry stuff and it ain't nothing compared to swamp air at 95 degrees. You can still breath when it's dry heat. When the air is 97% saturated with water do the math and figure out how much oxygen is left to breath and how much harder you have to breath to get enough O2. Gasp, gasp.

Any boys on here that have done boot camp in Mississippi in August and then shipped to Arizona for armament training can tell you all about the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
I agree 100%. My point was about our people in the sand box. It is hotter then hell over there and then add a full combat load and some SOB shooting at you. Wish I could ship my swimming pool to those guys and girls. They deserve a cool swim more then I do.:eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,504 Posts
I for sure couldn't do what our guys and gals are doing over there...not even when I was their age.

I finally wussed out big time. Been too hot in the garage/shop to do any projects out there so yesterday I cut a hole in the block wall and installed a wall A/C unit. Now I can get to work on that PPSH semi when AA ships the parts back and I can play with the Maxim thingy a little more.
 
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Top