1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...nope...

Will a 30.06 flash hider work for the Izzy .308? Thank you in advance. ( I am still finishing my kit)
Since the 30/06 is more powerful and generates more gas,the booster has a larger exit hole to help with operation. The .308 booster has a smaller hole for the escaping gas and will function with the 7.65 Arg and 7MM rounds. The 30/06 booster will function with the 8MM.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
It is a bit of a case by case basis. Some 308 guns will run with the M6 flash hider as is, but it is a good idea to have it bushed down to the correct size for .308, which is about .531" give or take.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
M-6

, As Lucky said some guns will run , however if you use a crankfire or similar setup, the bushed down m-6 will make it run crisp and sharp how it should be. i have done probably 50 or so bushed down but that was a few years ago.still have the tooling i made to do it. all you have to do is make a bushing on a lathe with a interferance press fit into the m-6. make a a tool to crimp both ends over the radius and it will be permanet for all practical purposes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanke you

thank you for the feedback. I seem to see the 30.36 flash hiders are less expensive and are still available. And I wanted to add it to my build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts