1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I have everything ready to go, or so I thought! My parts kit is an izzy kit an it has the sleeve running through the pintle pad/side plate/trunnion. My Halo side is drilled for the USGI size hole as is the other pintle pad. Should I drill out the sleeve in the trunnion block or should I drill the side plate and other pintle pad to the larger size? What size is it? How do i get a pintle down the road that matches the izzy size?? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I think the "Quick Fix" is to trim the sleeve at the trunion, rivet the gun together and forget it's there. If I am not mistaken, the inside diameter of the sleeve is the same inside diameter of the original hole. The sleeve was to bring wallowed out holes back to the correct dimention.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the "Quick Fix" is to trim the sleeve at the trunion, rivet the gun together and forget it's there. If I am not mistaken, the inside diameter of the sleeve is the same inside diameter of the original hole. The sleeve was to bring wallowed out holes back to the correct dimention.
And that's why I love this site. That is a perfect easy fix that was right in front of me but I couldn't see! I'll do it. I'm going to start a build thread. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Yup. If you develop issues later on with the hole size you can just drill out from left to right and install a new sleeve all the way through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts