1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Well I cant argue with that point... a winter storm did cripple us for a few days. I had to google what a brown out was. For 22 hours I felt like i was living in a third world country, or california in the summer...

Well I cant argue with that point... a winter storm did cripple us for a few days. I had to google what a brown out was. For 22 hours I felt like i was living in a third world country, or california in the summer...
This is a gross understatement as to what it did to the petrochemical industry. so many companies resorted to the white flag, french (force majeure)

more than a month and they are not all back up and running.

This is a gross understatement as to what it did to the petrochemical industry. so many companies resorted to the white flag, french (force majeure)

more than a month and they are not all back up and running.
Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, that's correct. From my (not watching/reading news since October 2020) perspective, I saw my power go off, wife said "brown out this, and blah blah blah" google/california summers..

Discussion starter · #26 ·
can anyone explain to me why that part kit sold so high?

even with inflation, this makes no bloody sense to me.
I saw a k31 go on gunbroker for $2500 the other day, just a plane Jane k31 no hang tag maybe like half the finish left, for $2500! I can find the auction if you want to see it. I checked every marking and looked all over it In case it was some rare variant but no it was just a bone stock K31. What people are paying for firearms and parts on gunbroker is insane right now and honestly I don’t think it represents what they are worth.

Absolutely.....as I understand the deterioration of the money value, it now takes $30.00 to buy $3.00 of 1950 goods. And....whats worse........no one seems concerned. I suspect part of the problem with most everything is that young people cant miss what they never had.
Yeah and it probably took $0.30 to buy in 1900 when we were on the gold standard. Its not like you did not see huge inflation under FDR! Adding zeros is not a huge deal... It gets annoying but if everything inflates at the same rate, there is really no difference but how many zeros come after it. I guess those with savings do get screwed... but those with mortgages are happier.

No the problem is young people have no idea how to math, read, or understand any history that was before 5 years ago. Even supposedly educated ones are entirely ignorant of basic economic theory, and have no concept of how an economy "works". "Inflation is no problem, I will just get more money !" Really. was told that just a few days ago.
Yeah you guys did a really crappy job teaching the younger generations... I agree. However we were not the generation that allowed FDR to steal all the gold and go through a huge inflationary period to pay for the new deal. We don't understand the economy? Who was around when the politicians and free traders shipped "the arsenal of democracy" to China and the rest of Asia... now my generation has the rust belt in its place. At least our generation has the excuse of a poor education. What is the excuse for the people in control during the 20s-30s and the 70s-present? I know its great to look at poor educated youth and laugh. However you might not want to look to hard in that mirror? Argue the Civil war all you want but post Civil war, the people of the late 1800s built a shattered group of colonies into the strongest country in the world prior to Wilson. They did that by protecting American goods and labor with huge tariffs and keeping us out of foreign wars we did not belong in. We had the largest industrial base with, large amount of land, small government, awesome currency, relatively no debt and we were world leaders in a lot of industry. The 20th century managed to change all that and ended up with huge debt, huge horrible government, industry shipped to Asia, no more land then when it started, hugely inflated currency, wars all over the globe we don't belong in and sees us almost as shattered as we were before the civil war.

As far as the parts kit... Parts kits a driving up in value all over the place. This is a pretty rare one and was still a better deal than the $12k MG34 parts kit...

I’ve seen that often on gunbroker. I honestly don’t use it for a scale of what things are worth anymore. Some people really like paying too much, I mean I know like half the guys here have vickers kits but for whatever reason they go for $5000+ on gunbroker. Very weird
Yea I had a nice Swedish K kit on GB only brought $1200, others have sold for over $3000 not as nice. Fortunately I only had 200 rnds of M2 ball in a trade for it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.